Salon Tech: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides all the salon services offered in the Spa at Mohonk Mountain House menu of services according to their license. Maintains a high level of guest service and satisfaction. Makes a professional recommendation for their guest to facilitate continued wellness and enhancement. Adheres to all sanitation protocols and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Establish a minimum availability of three shifts per week to be scheduled and responsible for attendance.
- Perform professional recommendation of retail with the goal of 15% product sales to service revenue.
- Listen well, communicate effectively and establish working relationships with other staff, management, and guests that have a variety of educational backgrounds and values.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Stock, organize, and maintain work stations and salon.
- Prepare material and supplies for daily operations.
- Wear proper protective equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Clean designated equipment, such as nail clippers, cuticle pushers, nail files, pedicure station jets, hair brushes, combs, scissors, and other implements as assigned.
- Clean and sanitize work area as per departmental and New York State regulations.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies, or threats to security of guests, employees, or hotel assets.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing tasks.
- Prioritize and meet time goals in a calm professional manner.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Attend events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Attend vendor trainings and events as assigned.
- Learn the ingredients of products used to know possible contraindications due to allergies or medical issues provided by guests.
- Learn benefits of ingredients and products used to be able to offer recommendations to guests to facilitate continued wellness and enhancement.
- Learn sequence and protocols for each salon service offered.
- Speak, read, and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors, and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions, and warnings.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 40 pounds from ground level to 4 feet and carry a distance of up to 30 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 3 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 100 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 100 feet.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
- Interact patiently with young children and adults.
- Act calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Demonstrate high moral character in handling lost items and valuables turning them in immediately to designated lost and found area.
- At least 18 years of age
- Current New York State Cosmetology License
- New York State License for Nail Technician
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR preferred
- Salon work experience preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.