Theme Programs Manager: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONs and responsibilitIes:
Responsible for assisting and supporting the Senior Theme Programs Manager in planning and managing Theme Programs and ensuring deadlines and budgets are adhered to. Helps coordinate and prepare activities prior to and during the events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Report to Senior Theme Programs Manager and plans Mohonk theme programs in a timely manner, as assigned.
- Write brochure copy in a timely manner, as assigned.
- Direct and implement programs, as assigned. Work closely with Senior Theme Programs Manager and other departments to ensure smooth daily operations regarding theme programs.
- Host events for theme programs as assigned.
- Work a flexible schedule. Work days, weekends, and evenings as required by the program needs and determined by Senior Theme Programs Manager
- Prepare contracts, billing, banquet event orders, and written materials for programs, and attend meetings in a timely manner, as assigned.
- Enter schedules and approves hours in Unifocus Time and Attendance program.
- Enter and monitors space in the Delphi Catering System.
- Enter requisitions requests in Adaco Purchasing system and follow up with check requests to Accounts Payable Manager.
- Review and evaluate content, value, and cost effectiveness of programs, as assigned, and maintain evaluation file on all programs.
- Assist Senior Theme Programs Manager with budgets and reforecasts.
- Gather information and distribute program counts report weekly.
- Enter information on Activity Schedule for all theme programs.
- Maintain and monitor Outlook Calendar for theme programs and entertainment.
- Maintain complimentary room file – enter new and used comps.
- Book and review allocation of Theme Program Attendant’s hours.
- Ensure programs conform to Mohonk standards, policies, and procedures.
- Effectively interact with program leaders, external agencies, and other departments with professionalism and integrity.
- Understand operation of and operate when necessary, sound systems, lights and other A/V equipment as assigned.
- Maintain master file of all program brochures.
- Actively contribute in a positive manner to the goals and activities of the department.
- Actively support and behave in accordance with the Mohonk Mountain House mission and service statements.
- Excellent, clear, concise writing skills.
- Produce well-written, error-free copy.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Strong computer background required. Comfortable with computer software programs.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Handle multiple tasks and bring projects to completion in a timely manner, responding to deadlines.
- Adapt to daily changes in priorities when necessary.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Develop and implement innovative and interesting activities and programs.
- Talk to groups of varying sizes.
- Represent department in a professional manner.
- Neat well-groomed appearance.
- Use a computer for the duration of the workday.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Pleasant speaking voice for in-person and telephone conversation.
- Able to traverse the property to conduct tours.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 25 pounds from ground level to waist level and carry a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Lead or participate in daily shift briefings.
- Carry a two-way portable radio and earpiece to communicate and provide immediate response to emergency situations.
- Positively promote and support service steps and strategies amongst staff.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with event planning
- Strong computer background required. Ability to use Microsoft Office; Word, Publisher, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.