Conference Services Attendant: Seasonal until 11/30
Responsible for set up, service and breakdown of all meetings, private functions, hospitalities and coffee breaks. Also assisting with regular cleaning, maintenance and up keep of all meeting rooms and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Execute requirements relating to meetings, programs, guest entertainment, and food functions; coordinate this work with other departments as per Banquet Event Orders.
- Set up and break down audio visual equipment including microphones, speakers, sound boards, LCD projectors, televisions, media players, both during functions and between uses, including delivery and pickup of TVs by guest request.
- Troubleshoot problems with audio visual equipment and Windows-based and Mac operating systems.
- Disassemble conference rooms at appropriate break down times requiring bending and lifting 5-70 pound conference and banquet tables, lifting banquet chairs in stacks of 10 to 6’ height.
- Lift tables to storage areas and placing in appropriate section.
- Maintain conference equipment by checking all aspects of equipment requiring bending and kneeling to floor level to check legs on chairs, tables, and other equipment.
- Perform minor maintenance on conference equipment requiring good dexterity with tools and cordless equipment.
- Maintain inventory and control of all conference supplies, including audio/visual equipment, pencils/pens, stationary, tables, chairs, and other equipment.
- Follow and complete schedule of daily tasks. Complete necessary logs as needed.
- Clean, organize, and maintain all conference storage areas. Perform daily and regularly scheduled cleaning and maintenance of meeting rooms before, during and after scheduled usage.
- Vacuum carpeted areas, dry/wet mop hardwood floors, wipe up any spills, and remove smudges from window sills.
- Maintain good communication with departments regarding events.
- Understand company goals and policies; participates in establishing and maintaining departmental standards.
- Traverse the property to travel to and from the Conference Center and other locations.
- Follow all policy and procedures to provide correct, efficient, friendly service to our guests.
- Speak, read, and write in English and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees.
- Carry a two-way radio and use earpiece as a communication device and understand proper procedure for use of radios.
- Anticipate and assist guests with tact and use a diplomatic approach in all situations.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Adhere to all of Mohonk Mountain House safety and security regulations.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; present a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintain a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Attend events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Listen well, communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships with other staff, management, vendors and guests that have a variety of educational backgrounds and values.
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays and during peak periods of business. Work three meals per day as needed.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks. Work independently and as part of a team.
- Lift safely a 75 lb. weight and move it 30 feet.
- Walk, bend, stoop, stand, reach, ascend and descend stairs and stand for a period of up to 4 hours. Climb up and down ladders, twist and flex arms, legs and spine.
- Walk up to 5 miles per day.
- Use hands to lift, carry, examine and manipulate objects. Grasp, lift, carry and maneuver items up to 100 lbs.
- Push, pull and lift a variety of conference tables and other equipment weighing 5-70 pounds; put risers into place each weighing 150 pounds; lift 24 pound 3’ x 3’ dance floor sections and bend down to construct them; move chairs of various weights and styles.
- Walk and push equipment carts weighing up to 300 lbs.
- Walk and push refresh cart weighing up to 30 lbs. to specific rooms on upper and lower floors.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Lift and place variety of miscellaneous conference equipment weighing 10-60 pounds such as podiums, chairs, pipe and drape, etc.
- Bend and kneel to pick up foreign objects, double check tablecloths, skirts and other linen in function spaces.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Drive, park and backup vehicles safely including a box truck, pickup truck and golf cart using only side mirrors.
- Drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles in a safe, legal manner.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.