Fitness Reception: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Fitness Receptionist is responsible for answering the telephone, greeting customers, scheduling appointments, selling merchandise, and orientating guests to the Spa and Fitness facilities. The ideal candidate would be courteous, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
Interact with guests and answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of all Services & Product & Accessories offered.
- Take, organize, and coordinate reservations for services.
- Handle payment for services and purchases according to guest preference; room charge, credit card, gift card, cash.
- Answer phones using appropriate greeting.
- Assist with the retail shop area including inventory control; checking in orders, ticketing merchandise, and maintaining displays.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Fitness classes and facilities, educate guests, and sell merchandise, and create and maintain displays.
- See that proper safety procedures are observed, in accordance with OSHA and Health Department regulations.
- Perform basic administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, scanning, and faxing.
- Maintain the proper balance in cash drawers, making change orders when necessary.
- Perform opening and closing functions including following cash drawer check-in/out procedures.
- Maintain inventory or office supplies at par levels.
- Update hardcopy filing system as needed.
- Perform housekeeping tasks as necessary, following task protocols for cleanliness.
- Promote friendliness and helpfulness with guests and employees
- Speak clearly and in front of people and on telephone.
- Handle adversity, change or emergency situations calmly and with a "level head."
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self and others.
- Exercise vigilance to prevent shoplifting.
- Comply with cost reduction measures.
- Respond quickly to guest needs and completion of assignments.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to 4 feet to place on cart with/without assistance. Walk up to 3 miles per day.
- Fold clothing merchandise, operate cash register, and maintain Fitness area.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record cash/credit transactions accurately.
- Work extended periods of time viewing a computer video monitor and/ or operating a keyboard.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards and those of the Spa; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in Resort/Hotel or like oriented job, preferred.
- High school degree, Business School or Business Degree a plus.
- Prior Experience in a cashier position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.