Maintenance Mechanic: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Repair and maintain residential and commercial buildings and their components and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform a variety of work in the maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance within the hotel and on the property including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting and appliance repair in an effort to meet and exceed established standards.
- Conduct corrective service and repair/restoration works where and when necessary.
- Perform daily technical inspection rounds and checks on the proper functioning of equipment and installations.
- Carry out inspection of public areas on a daily basis in case of problems arising unexpectedly.
- Use hand tools, power tools, and general equipment in a correct and safe manner such as but not limited to radial arm saw, jig saw, circular saw, table saw, router, sewing machine, multimeter, pipe threader, flaring tool, blow torch, sewer snake, powered drill, belt sander, palm sander, grinder, paint shaker, paint sprayer, personal lift, ladder, steamer, scaffold, safety belt, harness, etc.
- Maintain a written and/or computerized record of mechanical system status as needed.
- Respond promptly to emergency calls involving all Mohonk Mountain House systems and components, as well as outbuildings.
- Highlight any other matters that need future upgrading work.
- Assist in HVAC unit repair projects.
- Assist in remodeling and construction of new projects as may be required.
- Perform Pool/Spa maintenance.
- Keep all mechanical areas in a neat and orderly condition.
- Manage an inventory record of parts and supplies, tools and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems to identify the root cause of problems. Then develop and implement effective solutions to problems.
- Work together with Operations Managers and communicate any aspect of operations which will involve the maintenance department.
- Communicate results of completed tasks and work in progress clearly to appropriate departments.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and experience in residential and commercial heating systems (geothermal, hydronic, electric and steam), electrical wiring (including electrical theory and circuit design), kitchen appliances, HVAC Systems, fire sprinkler and other fire suppression systems, and commercial and institutional laundry equipment.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and experience in motors and pumps, electromechanical assemblies and controls, refrigeration principles, high pressure boilers and pools.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and experience in fasteners and fastening systems, door/window/locks and screens, and application of paints/stains and other protective coatings.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Adhere to all OSHA guidelines and standards including but not limited to lock out-tag out, confined space, hot-work, SDS, Personal Protective Equipment, etc.
- Operate both automatic and manual transmission vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Monitor and evaluate work-related conditions to determine compliance with prescribed operating, safety regulations and Department guidelines.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Outlook.
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Read and comprehend technical manuals, diagrams, and blue prints.
- Learn and utilize new methods, materials, procedures, and systems.
- Inspect work and work areas by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 75 pounds from ground level to shoulder and carry a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 15 miles per day.
- Perform work duties up to 80 feet above the ground.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 750 feet.
- Pass through and work in tight, enclosed, and confined spaces.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Carry a two-way portable radio and earpiece to communicate and enable immediate response to emergency situations.
- Drive automatic and standard transmission vehicles.
- Work under stress from contact with public, demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Work outdoors and exposed to natural elements.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Work additional hours beyond regularly scheduled work day (evenings and weekends) as necessary.
- Work extended hours or on short notice in emergency situations.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Answer questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Technical knowledge and experience in residential and commercial heating systems (geothermal, hydronic, electric and steam), electrical wiring (including electrical theory and circuit design), kitchen appliances, HVAC Systems, fire sprinkler and other fire suppression systems, and commercial and institutional laundry equipment.
- Technical knowledge and experience in motors and pumps, electromechanical assemblies and controls, refrigeration principles, high pressure boilers and pools.
- Technical knowledge and experience in fasteners and fastening systems, door/window/locks and screens, and application of paints/stains and other protective coatings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.