Room Attendant: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Room Attendant contributes to the physical comfort, well being, and safety of guests through the efficient and timely cleaning of guest rooms, as well as the quick fulfillment of guest requests. Room attendants should promote a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, and friendly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Cleans, prepares, and maintains up to 16 guest rooms and bathrooms daily.
- Changes bed linens and bath linens per Mohonk Mountain House standards and follows trained procedure at all times.
- Vacuums the rooms, mops floors, cleans balconies, and removes all debris.
- Cleaning bathrooms by emptying trash/recycling bins and clean, cleans bath, shower, basin, and toilet. Washes floor and all glass surfaces to the highest quality standard.
- Looks under beds. Lifts and checks the vacuum cleaner weekly and changes dust bag when necessary.
- Dusts and polishes all hard surfaces to a quality sheen using appropriate cleaning agents. Dusts and cleans inside of drawers and closets.
- Reports promptly any room defects, scuffs and fabric damage including equipment and light bulbs to department manager, and ensures it is correctly logged.
- Inspects working condition of lights, clocks, safes, irons, and other in-room equipment.
- Ensures removal and appropriate disposition of Room Service trays.
- Ensures placement of amenities according to Mohonk Mountain House standards and procedures. Replaces and restocks all items provided for guest use within each room and bathroom.
- Empties linen and stock carts as needed.
- Ensures that all rooms are secured upon leaving the guest room.
- Stocks, organizes and maintains service closets and carts according to standards and procedures before, during and after shift.
- Participates in special cleaning projects as required.
- Assists with laundry duties periodically including loading, unloading of machines, folding and stocking of linens.
- Looks for and turns in all “lost and found” articles from guest rooms marking them according to the departmental “lost and found” regulations.
- Ensures furnishings in guest rooms are placed correctly and neat in appearance and condition.
- Protects the property of Mohonk Mountain House and notes any irregularities throughout the hotel in terms of furnishings and decorative items, reports to a Supervisor immediately.
- Completes a visual and detailed inspection of all vacant rooms (including out-of-order rooms) daily upon arriving on his/her assigned section and calls the complete room status in to the housekeeping office.
- Inspects room upon cleaning by touch, sight, sound, and smell and ensures room is thoroughly cleaned and ready for occupancy.
- Completes paperwork neatly, thoroughly and accurately including correct date, room number, room attendant name and signature.
- Works productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Prioritizes and meets deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Adheres to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learns and successfully demonstrates the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learns and retains knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with other staff.
- Presents him/herself in a friendly and professional manner in all interactions with guests, co-workers and other departments.
- Attends events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Answers guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Speaks, reads and writes the English language and communicates in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hears verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reaches with hands and arms, bends, kneels, stoops, twists and flexes arms, walks up and down stairs/inclines, sits, climbs up/down ladders or stands for up to 5 hours at a time. Performs repetitive hand and arm movements.
- Lifts up to 30 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 35 feet with/ without assistance. Walks up to 7 miles per day.
- Maneuvers carts safely with loads up to 300 pounds up and down stairs, in/out of elevators, through passageways.
- Acts calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Sees close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Operates housekeeping vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Previous hotel-related experience / cleaning desired.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.