Content Marketing Manager; Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primarily responsible for content strategy and daily frontline communication with our online community across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and other channels. Responsible for maintaining consistency of our brand’s voice and autonomously communicating with fans and guests on a regular basis. Maintains monthly content calendar, analyzes results, and provides budget recommendations for social media advertising. Works closely with the Marketing team and other department managers to develop content for the Mohonk blog.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exhibit a strong passion and understanding of today’s social media landscape and the best practices as it relates to each unique platform.
- Integrate the brand’s established look and feel into social media assets in new and compelling ways to keep fans engaged.
- Develop on-trend and shareworthy digital content with the intent to grow our fanbase and increase engagement.
- Identify user-generated content that aligns with the brand aesthetic and brand personality.
- Manage social media marketing budget to optimize results and drive revenue.
- Create social media ads and build audiences within the Facebook/Instagram Power Editor Platform.
- Maintain YouTube video library.
- Provide a same-day response to guest questions and comments with little to no oversight in accordance with the Mohonk Mountain House Mission and Service Statements.
- Demonstrate winning social customer service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Regularly coordinate with other departments (Recreation, Grounds, Food and Beverage, Group Sales, Archives, Spa, etc.) to develop content for the Mohonk Mountain House blog.
- Identify trends and patterns in user behavior and report findings monthly.
- Maintain knowledge of new case studies and innovations within the real-time social space.
- Stay up to date on new social media content best practices and informed of what other organizations and companies are creating.
- Develop an ongoing editorial calendar with copy and concepts that align with brand voice/tone.
- Demonstrate excellent copywriting and copyediting skills.
- Write and post management responses to guest reviews on TripAdvisor, Google, and Yelp.
- Share press hits on social media channels when appropriate.
- Compile weekly recaps of social media and blog activity.
- Listen, respond, ask questions and engage audiences to cultivate organic engagement.
- Identify opportunities for cross-promotions and help execute partnership terms and criteria.
- Engage with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of encouraging overnight stays at the resort.
- Communicate the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way.
- Create and publish relevant, original, and compelling content.
- Contribute weekly to Marketing team meetings to meet the goals of the revenue strategy team.
- Compile reports for management showing results and ROI.
- Identify threats with user-generated content surrounding the company and alert executive team members immediately.
- Monitor effective benchmarks and best practices for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
- Demonstrate expertise with Windows-based operating systems and software including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Work in office setting subject to continuous interruptions and background noises.
- Work extended periods of time viewing a computer video monitor and/ or operating a keyboard.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Travel to industry conferences and Marketing Team retreats up to 6% of the year.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, proofreading skills, and produce well-written, error-free copy.
- Prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Work quickly and independently exhibiting good judgment in situations of ambiguity.
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House dress and grooming standards.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and current information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 20 pounds from ground level to counter level and carry a distance of up to 25 feet with/without assistance. Walk up to 3 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- 3-5 years of social media, marketing, and/or copywriting experience.
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Graphic design or video-editing experience preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.