Fitness Instructor: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leads and instructs specialty fitness classes such as Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Pilates, Zumba, etc. Maintains the classroom to insure the safety of our guests and prevent the abuse of equipment and the facility. Ensures the classroom is kept in good order.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and lead exercise/activity sessions such as low impact aerobics, stretching/flexibility, yoga, circuit training, general fitness, weight training, and/or specialty training based on guest needs and abilities..
- Advise participants on program and class procedures and policies, as appropriate.
- Ensure that safety and injury prevention policies and procedures are adhered to by participants; report accidents and prepare accident reports, as required
- Provide a safe environment to promote interaction among the guests.
- Ensure that all items required for class are available for guest use and replaced in the proper storage compartments after class.
- Stock and maintain props, towels and other equipment.
- Assist/cover receptionist desk and perform receptionist duties during peak hours or absence of receptionist.
- Assist other fitness personnel with the cleaning functions of the fitness center.
- Deal calmly with emergency situations.
- Aid in the development of new fitness programming and scheduling.
- Work in a manner the will not endanger self or others.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms. Walks, bends, stoops, twists and carries. Lifts 50 lbs.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Recognized group fitness and/or personal training certification.
- CPR/AED certification.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.