Spa Receptionist: Part time year round
The Spa/Fitness Receptionist is responsible for answering the telephone, greeting customers, scheduling appointments, selling merchandise, and orientating guests to the Spa and its facilities. The ideal candidate would be courteous, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interact with guests and answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of all Services & Product & Accessories offered.
- Take, organize, and coordinate reservations for services.
- Handle payment for services and purchases according to guest preference; room charge, credit card, gift card, cash.
- Answer phones in the Spa using appropriate greeting.
- Check Spa General Email and Sales Calendars regularly.
- Email Day Spa Guest list and Staff Schedule daily.
- Assist with the retail shop area including; inventory control; checking in orders, ticketing merchandise, and maintaining displays.
- Demonstrate knowledge of products, educate guests, and sell merchandise, and create and maintain displays.
- Rotate as needed between Reception Desk and Reservations Office and provide coverage at the Fitness Reception Desk.
- See that proper safety procedures are observed, in accordance with OSHA and Health Department regulations.
- Perform basic administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, scanning, and faxing. Handle mail orders, track packages, mail/email correspondences.
- Develop clientele to offer replenishment services on products purchased.
- Maintain the proper balance in cash drawers, making change orders when necessary.
- Perform opening and closing functions including following cash drawer check-in/out procedures.
- Maintain inventory or office supplies at par levels.
- Update hardcopy filing system as needed.
- Perform housekeeping tasks as necessary, following task protocols for cleanliness.
- Promote friendliness and helpfulness with guests and employees
- Speak clearly and in front of people and on telephone.
- Handle adversity, change or emergency situation calmly and with a "level head"
- Handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self and others.
- Exercise vigilance to prevent shoplifting.
- Comply with cost reduction measures.
- Respond quickly to guest needs and completion of assignments.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 3-4 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to 3 feet to place on cart with/without assistance. Walk up to 3 miles per day.
- Fold clothing merchandise, operate cash register, and maintain Spa lobby area.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record cash/credit transactions accurately.
- Work extended periods of time viewing a computer video monitor and/ or operating a keyboard.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards and those of the Spa; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in Resort/Hotel or like oriented job, preferred.
- High school degree, Business School or Business Degree a plus.
- Prior Experience in a cashier position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.