Security Officer/EMT: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for carrying out established policies in order to protect life, property and assets of Mohonk Mountain House and its’ guests, visitors and staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responds to any needs relating to safety and security of our guests, visitors or employees.
- Performs designated rounds and patrols functions, including, but not limited to, day hiker patrol functions and functions serving alcoholic beverages.
- Reports hazards, and makes observations on issues which affect the safety and security of our guests, visitors and employees.
- Receives complaints. Investigates and documents incidents, according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Carries a two way portable radio and wears an earpiece to communicate and provide immediate response to emergency situations.
- Wears proper uniform at all times. Maintains and cares for uniforms.
- Maintains records and writes detailed reports in accordance with Safety and Security Department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provides traffic control and enforcement of Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Adheres to and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Wears proper personal protective equipment appropriate to the task being performed
- Familiar with and use Mohonk Mountain House 14 Service Steps with Service Strategies.
- Works independently and as part of a team.
- Makes suggestions / recommendations to Security Manager’s as needed
- Follows the guidelines established and outlined in the Department's Standard Operating Procedures. This applies to the service of alcohol, securing restricted areas and key control.
- Provides assistance as directed by the Night Manager, Manager on Duty, and Night Auditor.
- Promotes safe and secure working procedures in a manner which is perceived as helpful and friendly.
- Responds to medical emergencies and administers first aid to ill and injured guests, visitors and employees, in the Mountain House, and on the trails and grounds.
- Familiarizes self with Mohonk Mountain House’s emergency response procedures.
- Familiarizes self with gatehouse procedures.
- Familiarizes self with Mohonk Mountain House’s electronic lock system.
- Familiarizes self with Mohonk Mountain House’s electronic safes and able to troubleshoot/repair.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Physically able to transverse the property, both inside the Mountain House and outside grounds for the purpose of patrolling, performing designated rounds, processing and parking cars, emergency response, and other designated tasks.
- Stands in a stationary position for long periods of time for the purpose of patrolling functions.
- Walks up to 5 miles per day.
- Uses necessary equipment such as hand held portable radios, keyboard for both computer terminal and fire alarm panel, flashlights, key rings, first aid and firefighting equipment.
- Safely bend over, lift and carry heavy loads of at least 75 pounds, for long periods of time and on rocky and steep terrain.
- Operates a motor vehicle with either a standard or automatic transmission and perform routine care of that vehicle.
- Works in stressful situations and under pressure. Must be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Speaks and writes the English language and communicates in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors, and employees.
- Reads and writes in a legible and orderly manner in order to prepare reports that are considered legal documents.
- Presents a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Mohonk Mountain House Dress and Grooming Standards.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Valid driver's license.
- Obtain New York State Security Guard certification within 1 year of hire.
- NYS Emergency Medical Technician certification.
- CPR certification
- High School Graduate.
- Firefighting experience and/or training preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.