Conference Planning Manager: Full Time Year Round
POSITION:Conference Planning Manager
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Directly responsible for the quality and consistency in the planning process, coordination and supervise all aspects of group functions in keeping with Mohonk policies, customs and principles. Act as a liaison between client and Mohonk Staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate with clients to plan all events and obtain needed information necessary for a successful meeting within the policies of Mohonk Mountain House.
- Confirm all clients’ needs for guest rooms, transportation, meals, meeting room setup and audio visual requirements, recreation and billing arrangements.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Communicate all clients requirements internally with the departments and individuals involved.
- Prepare Banquet Event Orders according to clients’ needs, distribute to operation and provide updates on a timely basis.
- Attend weekly Banquet Event Order meetings to review Banquet Event Orders and meeting setup to ensure a successful meeting.
- Work closely with the Sales Department to ensure that clients’ needs and requests are being fulfilled.
- Plan and conducts pre and post conference meetings when appropriate.
- Review Daily Events schedule, Daily BEO distribution/change log and Reader Board listing for accuracy on daily basis.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Delphi, Opera, RA Reservations systems.
- Perform follow-up evaluation with group contacts and ensure billing accuracy.
- Ensure correct email addresses are in place for MeetingScope evaluations.
- Perform visual inspections of all meeting setups, meal setups and recreation events daily in advance to ensure successful events. Make all introductions necessary with Mohonk staff and clients.
- Prepare notes for and attend weekly Staff Meeting and Group Pickup/Block meeting.
- Lead and entertain potential clients during site visits.
- Ensure that Rooming Lists for groups are turned in by due date and information is sent to reservation. Respond to emails addressing this subject from Division Heads.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, proofreading skills, and produce well-written, error-free copies.
- Type and revise material such as correspondences, reports, statistical tables, addresses, and forms, from rough draft, corrected copy, recorded voice dictation, or previous version displayed on screen, using computer and Windows based word processing software.
- Verify totals on report forms, requisitions, or bills.
- Photocopy, scan, fax, email or mail correspondences.
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Work independently and as part of a team and work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Conduct research and analyze information and data to evaluate operation procedures and provide recommendations to Conference Planning Director.
- Resolve procedural, operational and other work related problems by communicating with and responding appropriately to a demanding and diverse public in answering questions, explaining department/company policies and handling complaints.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps and Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 20 pounds from ground level to shoulder level and carry a distance of up to 200 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work under stress from contact with public, demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Work outdoors and exposed to natural elements.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business including extended hours based on needs of client.
- Minimum two (2) years of field experience in the Hospitality Industry with experience with Conference and/or Event Planning.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 18 years old.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.