Group Recreation Sales Manager: Full Time Year Round
Basic Job Functions:
The Group Sales Recreation Manager is responsible for the operation, administration, and coordination of the Group Recreation Department, including the selling, planning, organizing, and coordinating of private group recreation events. In addition selling accommodation strategically to groups who require public room space and services in accordance with company policies and marketing team goals. Provides support to the Director of Sales in identifying new markets, targeting potential clients and pursuing sales business. Responsible with the Director of Sales for development of specific corporate markets. Implement plans for the same. Manages and schedules the Group Recreation Facilitator.
Essential Job Functions:
· Prepare material and supplies for corporate and family group events.
· Plan and coordinate private group events.
· Lead private group events.
· Provide supervision and record keeping of the Challenge Course to insure the safe usage by our guests.
· Facilitate Challenge Course events as required.
· Responsible for the preparation, monitoring and managing the Group Recreation Budget.
· With the Recreation and Entertainment Director & Group Recreation Facilitator develop and implement new private group events.
· Establish a relationship and maintain current client base in specific markets.
· Participate in identifying new markets, targeting potential clients and pursuing sales business.
· Develop and make effective use of sales resources, Delphi database records, telemarketing, sales calls, recommendations for advertising, trade show, market research, site visits, etc...
· Make outside sales calls and attend trade show, meeting, etc, and conduct on-site tours with prospective clients.
· Actively contribute to the Sales team; attend meetings; interact with other team members.
· Use computerized sales and catering program (Delphi) to maintain a database of all current and past individual accounts.
· Negotiate terms of agreement with clients in accordance with established rates and policies; may include coordination of some market requests.
· Maintain an outgoing and friendly personality in all interactions with guests and employees.
· Handle adversity, change and emergency situations calmly and with a level head.
· Flexible enough to rock scramble and leads guests comfortably through a rock scramble.
· Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed daily.
· Identify safety hazards and inspect the work of others by sight, sound, and or smell. Ensure hazards are corrected.
· Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
· Lift up to 75 pounds from ground level to waist level and carry a distance of up to 100 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per day.
· Speak clearly in front of varying group sizes.
· Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
· See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
· Manipulate sports equipment.
· Memorize a history tour of the grounds, trails, and story of Mohonk and the Smiley Family.
· Work weekends and holidays and 6 days per week.
· Make "cold sales calls."
· Clear understanding of group sales functions as they pertain to Mohonk Mountain House values and traditions.
· Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
· Clear pleasant speaking voice for in-person and telephone conversations.
· Clear, concise written skills; must have good business writing skills.
· Listen to guest and employee needs and requests intuitively and respond in a friendly and outgoing manner.
· Possess good disciplinary and interpersonal skills, a professional appearance and manner and enjoy working with people in a service position; maintains a sense of humor.
· Take the initiative and work without supervision.
· Show discretion and loyalty to management; use discretion in dealing with confidential information.
· Use a PC to book and bill private experiences and events
· Carry a two-way portable radio and earpiece to communicate and provide immediate response to emergency situations.
· Lead and participate in daily shift briefings
- Eligible to legally work in the U.S.
- BS Degree in Sport Management, Recreation, or similar field. In lieu of degree 3-5 years of proven work history in a Recreation setting with increasing responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in management and sales related field.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
- CPR/First Aid/Lifeguard Training
- Keyboard and computer knowledge including Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher as well as internet knowledge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.