Head Aesthetician: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Head Aesthetician is responsible for training, monitoring, coaching, and leading direct reports by example to the expected goal of providing all the various aesthetic services offered in the Spa at Mohonk Mountain House. The Head Aesthetician is an active member of the Spa team responsible for maintaining a high level of guest service and satisfaction. The Head Aesthetician is required to lead direct reports by example in making a professional recommendation for their guest to facilitate continued wellness and meet targeted sales goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet guests promptly and provide spa guests with a tour of spa facilities when needed.
- Escort guest to and from treatment room.
- Learn, demonstrate, and adhere to sequence and protocols for each aesthetic service added to skill set.
- Perform professional recommendation of retail with the goal of 20% product sales to service revenue.
- Begin and end all treatments on time, adhering to bookings.
- Prioritize and meet time goals in a calm professional manner.
- Provide guests with a thorough and knowledgeable professional treatment.
- Perform services keeping guest satisfaction as priority, while running on time for next guest.
- Stock and organize aesthetic room(s) with appropriate linens and supplies.
- Prepare material and supplies for daily operations.
- Inventory and maintain equipment and supplies, initiate purchases, and safeguard equipment and supplies.
- Monitor professional product inventory and usage.
- Utilize computer to create purchase requisitions to maintain adequate stock of professional product and supplies.
- Receive professional product and supplies checking for accuracy of received items against issued purchase orders.
- Research industry trends regularly and maintain a current knowledge of common or trending practices in the industry.
- Develop and implement short and long-term goals and objectives for the department and Mohonk Mountain House. Assist in developing new protocols and editing the Spa menu.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and schedule a staff up to fifteen.
- Monitor performance of direct reports giving recognition for goals achieved and exceptional service rendered as well as implement action plans to address insufficient performance.
- Prepare yearly written performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Review applications, develop behavioral-based questions, screen and interview candidates and make recommendations to Spa Operations Manager.
- Oversee/verify payroll for department staff and follow prescribed payroll procedures.
- Develop department manuals and enforces all company polices with department staff.
- Resolve procedural, operational and other work related problems by communicating with and responding appropriately to a demanding and diverse public in answering questions, explaining department/company policies and handling complaints.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Assist in scheduling periodic vendor training and ensure all direct reports attend when possible.
- Attend vendor trainings and events as assigned to learn the ingredients of products used in order to know possible contraindications due to allergies or medical issues provided by guests and to learn benefits of ingredients and products used to be able to offer well-informed recommendations to guests to facilitate continued wellness and appearance.
- Remove all soiled linen from aesthetic room(s) and deposit in designated area. Clean and sanitize work area as per departmental policies.
- Operate all tools and equipment needed to perform the Spa at Mohonk Mountain House services safely.
- Monitor and evaluate work-related conditions to determine compliance with prescribed operating, safety regulations and Department guidelines.
- Inspect and report maintenance needed on equipment used to provide services.
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- Wear proper protective equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Attend in-house trainings with the ultimate goal of being able to perform all aesthetic services offered at the Spa at Mohonk Mountain House as described in the Spa Menu.
- Retain guests by consistently providing excellent customer service. This includes anticipating guest needs and adhering to the standards for spa guest service.
- Interact patiently with teenagers and adults.
- Demonstrate high moral character in handling lost items and valuables turning them in immediately to designated lost and found area.
- Communicate guest issues to Spa Management.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Attend events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Listen well, communicate effectively and establish working relationships with other staff, management and guests that have a variety of educational backgrounds and values.
- Speak, read, and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors, and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions, and warnings.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing tasks.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 75 pounds from ground level to 4 feet and carry a distance of up to 30 feet with/without assistance. Walk up to 3 miles a day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 100 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 100 feet.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
- Act calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Valid and current NYS License for Aesthetics.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a professional spa setting preferred.
- Basic CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.