Conference Planning Manager: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plan, coordinate and supervise all aspects of group functions in keeping with Mohonk policies, customs and principles. Act as a liaison between client and Mohonk Staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicates with clients to plan all events and obtain needed information necessary for a successful meeting.
- Confirm all clients’ needs for guest rooms, transportation, meals, meeting room setup and audio visual requirements, recreation and billing arrangements.
- Communicate all clients requirements internally with the departments and individuals involved.
- Prepare Banquet Event Orders according to clients’ needs and distribute to operation.
- Attend weekly Banquet Event Order meetings to review Banquet Event Orders and meeting setup to ensure a successful meeting.
- Work closely with the Sales Department to ensure that clients’ needs and requests are being fulfilled.
- Plan and conducts pre and post conference meetings when appropriate.
- Review Daily Events schedule, Daily BEO distribution/change log and Reader Board listing for accuracy on daily basis.
- Perform follow-up evaluation with group contacts and ensure billing accuracy.
- Ensure correct email addresses are in place for MeetingScope evaluations.
- Perform visual inspections of all meeting setups, meal setups and recreation events daily to ensure successful events. Make all introductions necessary with Mohonk staff and clients.
- Prepare notes for and attend weekly Staff Meeting and Group Pickup/Block meeting.
- Ensure that Rooming Lists for groups are turned in by due date and information is sent to reservation. Respond to emails addressing this subject from Division Heads.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Adhere to all of Mohonk Mountain House safety and security regulations
- Familiar with and apply Mohonk Mountain House 14 Service Steps.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s dress and grooming standards; being neat, clean and well groomed, maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Adjust schedule to meet the demands of the operation.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Suggest and recommend possible projects to management for future revenue enhancements.
- Clearly communicate results of efforts, problem resolution steps and completed tasks verbally and in writing.
- Prior Food and Beverage experience.
- Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Speak clearly and communicate well.
- Write concisely and legibly.
- Able to lift up to 10lbs.
- Able to lift, carry and place items.
- Basic math skills.
- Minimum two(2) years of field experience in the Hospitality Industry with experience with Conference Planning
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer knowledge and skills.
- Minimum 18 years old.