Server Assistant: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Dining Room Server Assistant is responsible for stocking and maintaining proper levels of equipment, linen and product during dining room hours, and for the set up and break down of tables and equipment between shifts, supervised by the Dining Room Captain. They are also responsible for cleaning and sanitizing their assigned work areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Stock service stations with linens, china, glassware, silverware, ice, condiments and other food products (drinks, garnishes, soups, etc.) before, during and after each meal period.
- Prepare all beverage required for service, including coffee and hot water.
- Set up dining rooms and special functions with appropriate numbers of tables, chairs, and settings, as well as setting up and maintaining buffets, and break down event areas when necessary.
- Organize and maintain clean storage areas throughout the Mohonk Mountain House.
- Receive delivery, organize, and stock both clean and soiled linens according to procedure.
- Work in coordination with kitchen staff and other dining room staff ensuring the efficient operation of the restaurant.
- Take and receive food and beverage orders from guests and serve in an efficient, timely and professional manner following the established sequence of service.
- Anticipate guest needs and meet them before you are asked to.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Negotiate stairs up and down while carrying full trays.
- Work under crowded and noisy conditions and to navigate around guests with loaded trays.
- Handle dishes and glassware carefully.
- Provide proper service of food and beverage items.
- Set and reset tables with linen, silverware, dishware, and glassware.
- Offer and replenish food and beverages proactively.
- Clean before, during and after service, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Store food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Clean coffee urns, beverage machines regularly.
- Assist in the set up and breakdown of special functions.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Assist servers in serving guests.
- Assume responsibility for all Mohonk Mountain House equipment and supplies. Use caution to prevent loss and abuse of Mohonk Mountain House property.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; present a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintain a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Inspect work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Speak, read, and write in English and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders, and stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Carry tables, chairs, chaffing dishes and other equipment in a safe manner with or without assistance.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. from ground level to waist height, and from waist height to shoulder height, and carry up to 100 feet without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per shift.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 75 yards.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Wear Mohonk Mountain House approved safety shoes, and proper safety equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps and Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays and during peak periods of business.
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Maintain confidentiality of guests’ personal information and use with discretion.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- At least 17 years of age.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.