Gatehouse Attendant: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To present a friendly, well informed and courteous attitude while greeting guests that are arriving and seeking admittance to, or communication with, the Mohonk Mountain House property. Processes employee traffic. Contribute to the comfort, emotional well being, and safety of our guests and employees through maintaining high standards of hospitality at the gatehouse. .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures the safety and security of the Mohonk Mountain House, all guests and employees, by assuring that only guests or employees who have the proper clearance or reservations, are allowed entry to the property.
- Records necessary information, and process all vehicles according to departmental procedures and policies.
- Collects fees from guests as required (valet fees, parking, etc.).
- Collects fees from guests who are arriving for daily hiking or skiing, to answer questions pertaining to hiking or skiing conditions, to update conditions on the various information boards located at the gatehouse.
- Completes closing revenue report and follows all accounting policies for the proper handling of revenues.
- Becomes familiarized with the Mohonk Mountain House service training standards and strategies.
- Attends shift briefings daily.
- Assists in general maintenance and cleaning of the gatehouse and surrounding areas.
- Displays self in a friendly, professional manner with all interactions with guests, co-workers and other departments.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
- Maintains an inventory of hiking bracelets and prepares a report to be emailed to the Senior Gatehouse Attendant as necessary
- Walks the area of the Gatehouse for the purpose of processing and parking cars.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and enjoys working with people in a service position.
- Works under pressure and adapt to changing conditions.
- Presents a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Mohonk Mountain House Dress and Grooming Standards.
- Performs basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Handles cash transactions.
- Reaches with hands and arms, bends, kneels, stoops, twists and flexes arms, walks up and down stairs/inclines, sits, climbs up/down ladders or stands for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lifts up to 25 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walks up to 3 miles per day.
- Sees close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Acts calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyzes problems and develops and implements action plans to address problems.
- Speaks and writes the English language and communicates in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors, and employees. Hears verbal instructions, directions, and warnings.
- Reads and writes in a legible and orderly manner in order to prepare reports that are considered legal documents.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Works as part of a team effort in a service industry.
- Maintains open and concise communications with the Senior Gatehouse Attendant.
- Documents guest complaints or problems and notifies the Senior Gatehouse Attendant for follow up.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Must be 17 years old
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.