Concierge: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serve as the primary point of contact related to Recreation, Spa and Meal reservations for in-house guests. This staff person will have very high levels of guest contact. In addition to assisting guests with reservations for activities, this staff member will serve as contact point for Mohonk Staff members looking to provide further guest experience enhancements. This person will be responsible for the coordination and maintenance of the Central Stairs information boards related to content and appearance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Use a clear, understandable speaking voice, exercise judgment, respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions, or meeting rooms, car rentals and airline shuttle service, etc. according to individual needs.
- Learn and retain a current knowledge of all Mohonk Mountain House offerings for food and beverage, recreation, and other services.
- Learn and retain a knowledge of Mohonk Mountain House history, family history, policies and values.
- Demonstrate a current knowledge of the various attractions, activities and events available in Ulster, Dutchess, and Orange Counties. Provide directions.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of other attractions in the Hudson Valley Region. Provide directions.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of all mass transportation and rental services available to/from Mohonk Mountain House and the metro areas of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with the services and floorplans of Stewart, Albany, Westchester, JFK, Laguardia, and Newark airports as well as Port Authority Bus Terminal of NYC, and Grand Central Station. Have a basic understanding of the New York City Subway system.
- Work with external companies to arrange excursions to surrounding area attractions on behalf of the guest.
- Maintain a current knowledge of reputable restaurants, bars, eateries, retail, and other services available in Ulster County.
- Create and consistently maintain a quality work environment that is conducive to "Legendary" service.
- Work in conjunction with the Front Desk staff and other departments to accommodate guest information needs/services.
- Maintain open, concise, and consistent communication with management, co-workers and guests.
- Book guest reservations for in-house dining, spa, recreation and other services utilizing various windows based reservations system/point of sale.
- Enter and confirm reservations in the systems with the utmost accuracy and detail to capture all important information. Assist guests with questions regarding their existing reservations.
- Process special requirements and needs for guests through the proper channels so that the requests and needs are met accurately and to the guest’s satisfaction and safety.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Take responsibility for guest concerns: listen, empathize, apologize, resolve and never prove the guest wrong.
- Maintain confidentiality and use discretion and proper judgment in all matters, at all times.
- Perform basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and perform and record cash/credit transactions accurately.
- Demonstrate proper accounting procedures for deposits, refunds, rate adjustments and end of shift audits.
- Work under stress from contact with public, demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Remain calm and alert during heavy resort activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations and maintain a full understanding of the Mohonk Mountain House Evacuation Plan.
- Demonstrate professional composure and use good manners on the telephone and in person. Answer and respond to telephone calls and emails promptly and communicate in a clear and professional manner. Produce well-written and error-free emails and documents.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation, speaking enthusiastically and engaging with others.
- Participate in outbound sales communications. Achieve high call volume and conversion ratio based on goals set by the Director of Hotel Operations.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Resort Suites, Reservation Assistant. NAVIS Applications & Software knowledge a plus.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 25 pounds from ground level to waist level and carries a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Work in active guest setting subject to continuous interruptions and background noises.
- Work up to five hours viewing a computer video monitor and/ or operating a keyboard.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License with at least 2 years of fully licensed driving experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in a customer focused work environment with proven problem-solving preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.