Electrician: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair residential and commercial electrical systems and installations. The electrician will be called on to troubleshoot and perform basic repairs to equipment such as: commercial kitchen equipment, shop tools, extension cords, vacuums, appliances, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with systems up to 480 volt three phase.
- Work with PVC, EMT and rigid conduit.
- Work with MC cable.
- Work with residential, commercial and industrial electrical equipment, methods and means.
- Work with generators up to 1000 kw.
- Stay current with and does layout and install of electric systems in accordance with the National Electric Code.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair existing systems and equipment.
- Read, understand and follow plans, prints, specifications and electrical schematics.
- Read and comprehend technical manuals and diagrams.
- Troubleshoot and make repairs to existing telephone and alarm system.
- Install computer cable, telephone cable, communication cable, low voltage cable, and make connections.
- Educate co-workers on system's operation to assist in maintaining a smoothly operating plant.
- Perform visual inspections.
- Learn and utilize new methods, materials and procedures and systems.
- Care and maintain all tools and equipment provided by Mohonk Mountain House
- Supply basic, personal hand tools such as tool pouch, hammer, assorted screwdrivers, assorted nut drivers, hex keys, 6” and 8” adjustable wrenches, insulated needle nose pliers, insulated line mans pliers, measuring tape, knife, wire strippers, crimpers, torpedo level, voltage tester
- Hand excavate, bed, place, backfill and final grade for underground electrical utilities.
- Comply with OSHA and Mohonk Mountain House Lockout, Tag Out procedures.
- Safely use all types of power and hand tools of the electrical trades, including voltmeters, chart recorder and specialty tools.
- Attend and pass a sixteen hour O & M Asbestos training session.
- Work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
- Adhere to all of Mohonk Mountain House safety and security regulations.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House Confined Entry requirements.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to the task being performed.
- Familiar with and apply Mohonk Mountain House 14 Service Steps.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s dress and grooming standards; being neat, clean and well groomed, maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Adjust schedule to meet the demands of the operation. Ability to work on short notice to effect emergency repairs 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.
- Work on scaffolding, ladders, man lifts, aerial lifts at heights up to 80 feet.
- Lift safely a 75 lb. weight and move it 30 feet.
- Bend, stoop, crawl and climb up and down ladders and down stairs; twist and flex arms, legs and spine.
- Walk 5 miles per day.
- Use two hands to lift, carry, examine and manipulate objects.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles in a safe, legal manner.
- Suggest and recommend possible projects to management for future capital budgets.
- Clearly communicate results of efforts, problem resolution steps and completed tasks verbally and in writing.
- Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Speak clearly and communicate well.
- Write concisely and legibly.