Salon Tech: Part Time Year Round
Basic Job Function
Performs all spa menu of services as they relate to the salon and according to their license. Maintains a high level of guest service and satisfaction with the Salon Services. The Hair Stylist is an active member of the Spa Team who responds to all issues of divisional concern with the framework of the operation of the total hotel.
Essential Job Functions:
• Performs all spa menu of services that relate to the salon and as per licensure.
• Prepares materials and supplies for daily operations.
• Presents a neat & clean appearance and wears issued uniform with nametag.
• Maintains an orderly and clean area to encourage guest use.
• Ensures that the prep and station areas are stocked with necessary items.
• Encourages guest use of the Salon to enhance customer satisfaction by providing information of the facilities.
• Inspects equipment and maintains daily and reports all issues or problems of malfunction to the Salon Supervisor or Spa Manager in the absence of the Salon Supervisor.
• Facilitates open communication between the Mountain House, staff and management.
• To answer guest's questions and deal calmly with emergency situations when necessary.
• Must be friendly and outgoing and available to guests during work hours.
• Other duties as required.
• At least 21 years of age.
• Eligible to legally work in the U.S.
• Outgoing and friendly personality.
• Able to work flexible or changing days and hours, weekends and holidays.
• Neat, clean, and well groomed. Meets service standards of personal hygiene. Fingernails no longer than the tips of the fingers and with natural polish if worn. No visible tattoos or piercing. Uniform to cover all visible tattoos. Hair will be of natural color(s) and without extreme style or color. Hair accessories will be simple and coordinate with uniform color.
Jewelry limited to one watch, simple earring set (no larger than a dime) and simple necklace. No other visible piercing.
• Able to lift 50 pounds.
• Able to walk, bend, stoop, reach, climb, & carry.
• Good natural or corrected vision to see any safety hazards.
• Must be able to hear oral/auditory directions, instructions or warnings.
• Must be able to speak clearly and in front of people.
• Able to handle adversity, change or emergency situations calmly and with a level head.
• Creative mind with a good imagination.
• Patience with young children & adults.
• Experience in a people-oriented job.
• Able to work in a manner that will not endanger self or others.
• Current Standard First Aid & CPR.
• Must have a current N.Y. State Cosmetology License, and have two years of proven experience in the field, preferably in the hotel or resort industry.• Proven work history in the areas of people and facility supervision.