Guest Services - Valet: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This Guest Services Attendant is responsible for welcoming and assisting prospective and current guests at the resort. Responsibilities include assisting guests with their luggage and valet parking. The qualified candidate must have an outgoing, friendly personality, great customer service skills and a neat, professional appearance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greets all arriving/departing guests and by name when available, unloads/loads luggage from automobiles and provides directions/orientation to resort.
- Attends to Guest's needs, i.e., information, directions, delivery of messages. etc.
- Familiarize self with local roadways, highways, attractions and general landscape of the area and provides accurate information/directions to guests.
- Provide all guests with a pleasant experience by presenting self in a friendly and knowledgeable fashion.
- Transports luggage to Luggage hold room or Guest room.
- Orientates guests to room features and services.
- Provides service to Guest during check-out by removing Guest's luggage from their room to either the Guest's automobile or luggage storage room.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Drive, park, parallel-park, and backup vehicles using only side mirrors when necessary.
- Performs automobile and others inspections by touch, sight, sound and smell.
- Operates a motor vehicle with either a standard or automatic transmission and perform routine care of that vehicle.
- Valet parks guest automobiles, secures windows and doors and retrieves automobile from parking lot.
- Demonstrates knowledge of automobile security systems and kill switches.
- Operates a variety of vehicle types and drives them according to the methods recommended by the manufacturer. Parks vehicles according to department policy and ensures diesels are properly connected during cold weather.
- Parks automobiles in a timely fashion to assist in alleviating congestion of automobiles in front of resort.
- Assists with jump starts, tire changes and gasoline refueling in accordance with department policy.
- Connects/disconnects battery operated vehicles into/out of charging stations.
- Fulfills the responsibilities of a Porch Attendant as needed.
- Acts as an ambassador of the Resort when taking up luggage, explaining layout, activities, safety features, resort policies, amenities, etc.
- Delivers Gift Shop orders, shopping orders, ice, firewood, dry cleaning and other items requested by guests.
- Supplies wood for and maintains the fires in the public fireplaces.
- Maintains all equipment belonging to the department in an operational fashion by appropriately using the equipment and repairing it as necessary.
- Maintains a neat and clean Guest Service area. Includes the cleanliness and appearance of the Guest Service desk, office, storage room, Bellperson's lounge, porch and roadway. May include the removal of dirt, snow, glass, etc.
- Takes immediate corrective action to resolve guest complaints. Refers unresolved complaints to the immediate attention of the Concierge, Bell Captain and/or Guest Relations Manager.
- Shovels or brooms snow or scrapes ice from automobiles and pathways.
- Carries out Guest shopping requests as directed.
- Secures items stored in Guest storage areas and ensures safe-keeping. Keeps all items in an organized, neat and secure fashion.
- Learns and familiarizes self with all desk functions to include, but not limited to, assisting with trip coordination, dry cleaning, cash drawer and accounting practices, trip sheet initiation and completion, ensuring all guests are appropriately handled, etc.
- Works outdoors and exposed to natural elements.
- Works in stressful situations and under pressure. Adapts to changing priorities and maintains composure.
- Works independently and as part of a team.
- Speaks, reads and writes the English language and communicates in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hears verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Sees close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Grasps, lifts, carries and maneuvers up to 50 pounds to process luggage and firewood.
- Pushes, pulls and maneuvers a loaded luggage cart weighing up to 400 lbs. in/out of elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 500 feet., walks, bends, stoops, reaches.
- Walks up and down a flight of up to 100 stairs frequently throughout a shift. Shovel snow for long periods of time (up to a total shift of 8 hours).
- Operates and uses electronic equipment such as adding machines, computers, telephones and hand-held portable radios.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House and services.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Attend events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Answer guest questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- At least 20 years of age.
- Valid New York State Class E Chauffeur's License, or equivalent. License must be free of serious and multiple infractions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.