Cafeteria Attendant: Part Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Cleans and maintains the Employee Cafeteria and storage areas. Works with Cafeteria Cook to prepare and serve wholesome meals for staff and contribute to an environment for staff that that is pleasant and relaxing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required. <span
- Assist in the requisitioning and receiving of all food and supplies as required. <span
- Assist Sous Chefs and Kitchen Manager with the execution of various kitchen functions.
- Brew coffee regularly throughout shift ensuring a consistent fresh product.<span
- Carve various meats, proteins, and other menu items correctly, and verbalize the different options, including sauces and garnishes.
- Clean, organize and maintain all areas of the Employee Cafeteria including supplies, utensils, equipment, and walk in coolers.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Follow and maintain cafeteria cleaning checklist ensuring sanitation and cleaning protocols are properly followed at all times.
- Keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensure food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Maintain proper rotation of product to minimize wastage/spoilage using FIFO.
- Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared.
- Perform all job functions upholding the highest level of hygiene at all times.
- Perform job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Prepare and service food items for breakfast, lunch and dinner service in the Employee Cafeteria.
- Prepare salad bar items, set up stations, post menu on per meal basis, and serve food during service.
- Set-up and break down work station.
- Stock disposable items and maintain par levels.
- Stock, collect and wash employee cafeteria ware, utensils and cooking supplies.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications.
- Handle hot items with care.
- Use cleaning chemicals in a safe and effective manner at all times.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Work safely and effectively in hot, wet, slippery and stressful environments.
- Attend shift briefings and actively participate daily.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Communicate assistance needed during busy periods.
- Complete safety training and certifications when offered. Become certified in food service sanitation practices and prevention of food borne illnesses.
- Follow all company and departmental policies and procedures including those that concern safety, security, and sanitation.
- Identify safety hazards and inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Learn, retain, and demonstrate a full knowledge and understanding of all foods served in the cafeteria.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Offer consistently professional, friendly and proactive service to resort employees while supporting fellow colleagues.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to waist level and carry a distance of up to 150 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day.
- Maintain a fast pace for several hours in order to keep up with workload of each shift.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to200 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 250 feet.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- At least 18 years old.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.