Entertainment Manager: Part Time Year Round
Basic FunctionS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Increase guest satisfaction by providing high quality house entertainment that covers a variety of activities for wide range of ages and time slots. Be instrumental in the leadership, organization, and arrangements for the following programs; July 4th, Halloween, Christmas Gala and special events, Presidents Special, and Easter Week. Be a creative leader, encourage continued improvement in these events and entertainment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Book House Bands, Special Programs, Square Dances, Kids’ Club entertainment.
- Non-theme program evening entertainment (lectures, campfires, etc.)
- Work closely with Theme Programs Department to prevent overlaps in entertainment and to fill in gaps in schedule.
- Schedule and Supervise Parlor Door Attendants.
- Research and book new performers.
- Evaluate and maintain relationships with existing performers.
- Negotiate and create entertainer contracts.
- Create in-house signage for programs.
- Create BE0’s, purchase orders, and check requests for each performance.
- Track additional compensation for performers (Room comps and meal comps).
- Create and maintain Entertainment budget for fiscal year.
- Work closely with Director of Recreation and Entertainment and Director of Hotel Operations on budget and schedule of performances.
- Duties may be heavier during some weeks and may require additional coverage and assistance (Parlor Door attendants).
- Lead and or participate in daily shift briefings.
- Use a computer and demonstrate proficiency in Windows-based operating systems such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 25 pounds from ground level to waist level and carry a distance of up to 50 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 5 miles per day.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Event Planning.
- Proven work history in the Recreation field or Hospitality industry with at least 2 years’ experience in supervisory or management positions, preferably in a resort setting.
- Demonstrable computer literacy using POS software as well as Word, Excel, Outlook, and database programs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.