Receiving Clerk: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for receiving, inspecting, storing, delivering, inventorying and shipping of all products and supplies for the hotel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives shipments on receiving dock, logs pertinent information, and coordinates workflow to ensure timely delivery of supplies to coolers, freezers, dry storage, and/or other departments.
- Ensures that all shipments are received in good, undamaged condition.
- Compares invoice to purchase order and indicates the quantity received, number of boxes, date received, invoice number, and any other pertinent information.
- Verifies all food and beverage deliveries upon arrival for correct specification.
- Ensures all products are received and placed immediately under refrigeration or other storage (including freezing and dry storage) as needed.
- Ensures products are stored and dated properly, and rotated using FIFO method.
- Maintains a thorough, working knowledge of dry goods, paper products, chemical supplies, and food and beverage specifications.
- Cooperates with accounts payable staff in the verification of orders received.
- Prepares boxes for shipment and maintains records of all shipments sent out, prepares shipments as needed.
- Maintain the proper chain of accepting and delivering of liquor products. Ensure liquor is secured at all times.
- Fulfill all requisitions from other departments in a timely manner, ensure orders are complete and delivered no later than requested time. Communicate any discrepancies to department.
- Maintains storage areas with respect to sanitation, temperature, and humidity.
- Sweeps, mops, and/or disinfects receiving areas including loading/unloading lots.
- Inspects food and beverage storage areas routinely (including refrigerators and freezers) a minimum of twice during shift, noting temperature. Maintain food and cooler logs.
- Inventory and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Receive and ship UPS, Fed-Ex Ground and Fed-Ex express packages. Ensure packages are in proper condition ensure each package is delivered to the proper department or individual.
- Ensure all guests/group packages have tracking numbers logged into the Package Log book and proper signatures are obtained upon delivery.
- Ensure the security of all packages and products.
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Verify totals on report forms, requisitions, or invoices.
- Photocopies, scans, faxes, emails or mails correspondences.
- Work clean and assume responsibility for organization and orderliness. Clean work areas periodically during work shift.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Maintain food and cooler logs.
- Listen well, communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships with other staff, management, vendors and guests that have a variety of educational backgrounds and values.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, proofreading skills, and produce well-written, error-free copies.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Conduct accurate inventory for ordering purposes. Perform period end inventories.
- Maintain all storerooms, freezers and coolers in accordance with proper sanitation specifications.
- Maintain a knowledge of New York State and Ulster County Health Department regulations and ensure compliance.
- Observe all safety and security measures as per company policy and protocols.
- Conform to OSHA Standards.
- Perform cleaning duties as scheduled to including sweeping, moping, raking, shoveling and/or policing the parking lot.
- Work outdoors at times and exposed to natural elements.
- Operate equipment such as elevators, pallet jacks, hand-trucks, carts, and dollies.
- Use hand tools such as box cutters, packaging tape dispensers, rakes, brooms, and shovels.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Answer questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others.
- Inspect work by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 100 pounds from ground level to XX and carry a distance of up to 150 feet with/ without assistance. Walk up to 12 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 500 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 250 feet.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience in the food service industry with a knowledge of produce, meat, fish, and dairy specifications is preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.