Lead Spa Attendant: Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Lead Spa Attendant is responsible for supporting the Spa Attendant Supervisor in training, monitoring, coaching and leading Spa Attendants and Spa Night Cleaners by example in maintaining, organizing, and cleaning all necessary items and areas in the Spa. Ensures all supplies guests use are restocked and all areas are continuously monitored for cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Wear Proper Protective Equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Monitor Spa Attendants and Spa Night Cleaners to ensure they are wearing Proper Protective Equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees, or hotel assets.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Work productively with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Monitor Spa Attendants and Spa Night Cleaners to ensure adherence to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Provide adequate coverage when scheduling gaps occur and during absence of Spa Attendant Supervisor.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Utilize computer to create purchase requisitions to maintain adequate stock of disposable supplies.
- Receive disposable supplies and other products checking for accuracy of received items against issued purchase orders.
- Utilize computer to assist the Spa Attendant Supervisor in scheduling and payroll approval in ADP.
- Attend events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Attend trainings as needed to develop work knowledge and safety.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to four feet and carry a distance of up to 50 feet with/without assistance. Walk up to 3 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds through passageways, elevators, or outdoors up to 100 feet.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work under stress from contact with public, demanding deadlines, and changing priorities and conditions.
- Clean designated areas according to set guidelines and protocols.
- Work outdoors and exposed to natural elements.
- Fold laundry as specified to type ranging from small items such as washcloths to large blankets and towels.
- Operate laundry equipment effectively and within specified guidelines.
- Sort soiled laundry appropriately and efficiently.
- Monitor that the shift check list for duties assigned for opening or closing shifts is completed daily.
- Monitor that touch point areas are sanitized wearing appropriate protective equipment and the check list is completed daily.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Report damaged or missing furnishings or decorative items.
- Complete guest and staff requests in a timely manner. Report to a supervisor if a request will not be completed in a timely manner.
- Attend daily shift briefing.
- Complete routine and when necessary deep cleaning of areas as required.
- Monitor that proper sanitation of the hydrotherapy tub is completed as needed following protocols and wearing protective equipment.
- Monitor and inspect that all tea bars, guest locker room amenities, supply closets, and towel storage has been stocked daily.
- Monitor performance of Spa Attendants and Spa Night Cleaners giving recognition for exceptional service as well as implement action plans to address insufficient performance.
- Assist the Spa Attendant Supervisor in the preparation of yearly performance evaluations for Spa Attendants and Spa Night Cleaners.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Analyze problems and develop and implement action plans to address problems.
- Demonstrate high moral character in handling lost items and valuables turning them in immediately to designated lost and found area.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with guests and staff.
- Twenty (20) years of age, with at least two (2) years of licensed driving experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.