Cafeteria Supervisor; Full Time Year Round
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervises a staff up to 6 whose responsibilities include preparation, production, and service of cafe menu offerings for up to 350 guests per day in accordance with company standards and local health regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise, train, direct and monitor a staff of up to 6 cooks in food preparation, setup, service, and break down of employee cafeteria.
- Schedule staff, oversee/verify payroll for department staff and follow prescribed payroll procedures.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Windows-based operating systems and use software including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Identify, greet, and otherwise welcome our employees at meal periods, consistent with the highest standards of service.
- Record staff names and/or accept prepaid meal vouchers for staff dining from the Employee Cafeteria menu.
- Enroll or make adjustments to the current meal plan enrollment of staff.
- Inspect, setup and distribute trays and flatware for diners.
- Inventory and maintain equipment and supplies, initiate purchases, and safeguard equipment and supplies.
- Develop and implement short and long-term goals and objectives for the department and Mohonk Mountain House.
- Resolve procedural, operational and other work related problems by communicating with and responding appropriately to employees in answering questions, explaining department/company policies and handling complaints.
- Ensure that buffet offerings and equipment are adequately maintained at all times.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all cafeteria work and dining areas during and post meal periods.
- Assign staff opening and closing assignments, side-work, and monitor progress.
- Utilize a computer to prepare daily requisitions for menu items. Receive all requisitions for food and supplies.
- Identify and correctly label all menu offerings
- Ensure refrigerators and storerooms are clean and neat. Ensure food and supply items are stored per standards and are correctly labeled.
- Maintain proper rotation of product to minimize wastage/spoilage using FIFO.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, dairy and meats.
- Oversee the cooking of omelets, eggs, waffles, and pancakes to order.
- Oversee carving of meats, fish and flash-cooking of action station menu items according to hotel standards.
- Coordinate with kitchen and pastry shop in replenishing food for the cafe.
- Obtain all necessary supplies and equipment to perform duties, including stocking of all disposables, plates, glasses, and flatware needed for service
- Identify, greet, and otherwise welcome employees in a manner consistent with the highest standards of service. Interact with staff as part of the overall quality assurance objectives.
- Assist employees with special dietary needs and coordinate meals
- Brew coffee regularly throughout shift ensuring a consistent fresh product.
- Carve various meats, proteins, and other menu items correctly, and verbalize the different options, including sauces and garnishes.
- Clean, organize and maintain all areas of the Employee Cafeteria including supplies, utensils, equipment, and walk in coolers.
- Ensure all between meal periods/break times are stocked with appropriate condiments and required menu items
- Facilitate shift briefings daily to all staff members.
- Coordinate with the kitchen to ensure the food is ready and displayed by the opening time of each shift.
- Utilize a computer to prepare daily requisitions for menu items and labels for menu offerings. Receive all food and supplies.
- Learn revolving menu items including ingredients used, preparation of food, and unique dishes offered and provide accurate answers to questions asked by employees.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; present a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintain a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Work productively and efficiently with or without supervision when performing routine tasks.
- Speak, read, and write in English and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, and stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 50 lbs from ground level to waist height and from waist height to shoulder height, and carry up to 100 feet without assistance. Walk up to 7 miles per shift.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds up and down stairs, elevators, through passageways or outdoors up to 75 yards.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Wear Mohonk Mountain House approved safety shoes, and proper safety equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Learn and retain knowledge of historical facts and information about Mohonk Mountain House.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including days/nights, overnights, weekdays/weekends, holidays and during peak periods of business.
- Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Taste sweet, sour, bitter, and salty and demonstrate a sense of smell.
- Management experience in Food Services.
- Servsafe or other industry-recognized safe food handling certification preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.