Senior Manager - MetricStream University
Position: Senior Manager, Training Services
Reporting Manager: Vivek Thummala
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Work Hours: 9 AM – 6 PM IST
Metricstream University is seeking a passionate and dynamic, highly energetic sales focused Senior Manager who is responsible for sales and delivery of MetricStream training programs to customers and partners worldwide. Responsibilities include working with customers, partners and internal teams such as sales and services and sell training, create training proposals based on customer requirements, deliver training, program manage training tracks, work on initiatives and managing a global team of senior functional and technical trainers to achieve quarterly bookings and revenue targets
As a key member of Metricstream University, the Senior Manager is responsible for successfully meeting the sales quotas, deliver MetricStream’s GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) solutions training, ensure orchestration, scheduling, co-ordination of trainings and work on multiple engagements as part of this role and oversee other organizational initiatives as required such as development of eLearning and web based learning, partnering and working with new training vendors etc.
Sales and Business Development
- Sell Metricstream University training programs to customers and partners via phone, web and in-person
- Partner with sales teams and professional services management to estimate effort and scope for training services and write Statements of Work (SOW) as needed
- Work with key internal groups to understand content needs, develop customized training plans and deliver high quality training programs that are quantifiable
- Develops training plans that are line with business objectives and strategies
- Work with customers and partners to determine training needs and develop customized training programs
- Partner with and develop strong relationships with representatives from other MetricStream departments including Professional Services, Product Management and Engineering
- Train customers and partners on Metricstream products like Platform, App studio and Applications
- Scoping, planning and project management of training deliverables
- Develop and execute a quarterly training plan, which will consist of various types of training activities focused around different areas of skills, company information and market place knowledge
- Plan, develop, and provide training such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Attend client / partner project meeting and facilitate the debrief session using the facilitator guide
- Record and assess quantitative satisfaction feedback on the quality of workshops
- Track progress of ongoing projects and provide guidance when required
- Gain the trust and confidence from team members
- Lead, guide, motivate. inspire and mentor training team members to excel and exceed goals
- Conduct regular performance assessments of team members
- Mentor new trainers and train them in domain and products
Administration and Reporting
- Develop relationship with new and existing vendors, and manage various learning tools which are used for creating a wide variety of learning content.
- Managing training projects, maintaining training calendar and trainers’ schedule.
- Manage instructor schedules, coordinate to start the sessions at multiple locations, and manage training equipment including interaction with vendors.
- Help prepare project proposals, timeframes, presentations and schedules.
- Collaborating with partners and customers for training needs and driving the contracts/SOW agreements to closure.
- Monitoring and Tracking the completion of training delivery, maintaining a repository for training feedback and completion confirmations.
- Compile monthly performance data from workshop grades, workshop satisfaction, performance reviews, mock interviews, and client feedback to present to the management
- Compile list of at-risk trainings & workshops that may need additional resources and present during monthly meetings
- Compile monthly feedback and compliments report and present risks/celebrations during staff meeting
- Review quarterly trainee and on the job performance reports to identify any issues that can be resolved by changes to the program
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Software engineering, computer science, Information Systems or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in software/education or consulting industry in client facing roles
- Experience in marketing and selling software training programs and eLearning
- Experience managing teams of trainers
- Strong technical background - knowledge of html/java/Linux and application stacks
- Excellent organization, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience recruiting, managing and mentoring trainers
- Experience managing partners and education ecosystem
- Experience in delivering training, consulting or pre-sales engineering – advantage
- Experience working with onshore and offshore resources (global teams)
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to manage deliverables with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel globally as required based on project needs
- Flexible nature and a great attitude – willingness to listen, learn, adapt
- Must be a great team player
- Project Management experience using Agile and Waterfall models
- Must be detail orientated and hands-on manager
- Willingness to travel upto 30% if required
- Software Training sales/consulting background
- Techno-Functional background preferred
- Experience with GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) applications including applications for Enterprise risk management, operational risk management, Business Continuity Management, Policy and Document Management, Vendor Risk Management, operational audits and internal audits, compliance including SOX etc.
- Previous experience with Big 4 or with a major systems integrator or enterprise software company
MetricStream is a market leader in Enterprise-wide GRC and Quality Solutions for global corporations. MetricStream enterprise solutions are used by leading corporations in diverse industries such as pharmaceutical, medical device, high tech manufacturing, energy, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, food and beverages and automotive to manage quality processes, manage corporate policies, manage regulatory and industry-mandated compliance and corporate governance initiatives.
Gartner has positioned MetricStream in the Leaders Quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise GRC Platforms since past many years till date.
MetricStream has received numerous awards including the Red Herring 100, Enterprise Outlook Investors' Choice, Supply and Demand Executive 100, and the HotTech award.
Leading companies are using MetricStream solutions for:
- Regulatory Compliance (FDA, Sox, FERC, OSHA, etc.)
- Risk Management (Internal Audits, ERM, ORM, IT Compliance, etc.)
- Quality Management (ISO 9000, Six Sigma, Supplier Quality, Supplier Management, etc.)
- Corporate Governance (Ethics, Stock Options Grants, CSR, Customer Complaints, etc.)
- Sustainable Environment (Green Data Center, EH&S, Smart Buildings, Smart Cities, etc.)
MetricStream's product portfolio comprises of a comprehensive suite of applications based on the Enterprise GRC Platform. The applications are designed to manage compliance with quality standards, industry regulations, risk programs and corporate policies.
In addition, MetricStream's ComplianceOnline.com portal is used by over a million compliance professionals worldwide to improve their work productivity and for professional growth.
MetricStream, along with its network of partners, provides hosting, implementation, post-sales support, and validation services for its solutions to ensure that customers realize the maximum value from their investments.
MetricStream is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with offices in Atlanta, New York, Louisiana, and Bangalore, India.
MetricStream is led by accomplished executives with proven track record of delivering business value through technology solutions. The team leverages strategic acumen, sound industry knowledge and proven execution abilities to deliver superior solutions. As a result, MetricStream customers benefit from both the perspective that comes from deep industry expertise and insight that comes from decades of hands-on experience.
MetricStream is privately funded by leading institutional and corporate investors including Goldman Sachs, Kaiser, Kleiner Perkins (KPCB), Advanced Equities, Integral Capital, Oracle, Cisco, and Research in Motion.