Designation: System Administrator
Reports to: Data Center Manager
Team: Cloud Operations
Experience: 4 + years
Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Certifications: Preferably - MCSE/MCITP, VCDX-Cloud, VCP-Cloud, RHCE, CCNA, Cloud/Security/Datacenter, ITIL, AWS certifications
MetricStream is a market leader in Enterprise-wide GRC and Quality Solutions for global corporations. MetricStream enterprise solutions are used by leading corporations in diverse industries such as pharmaceutical, medical device, high tech manufacturing, energy, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, food and beverages and automotive to manage quality processes, regulatory and industry-mandated compliance and corporate governance initiatives.
Cloud Operations is a unit which is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of GRC cloud solutions, offering highly secure and scalable private cloud capabilities to support a wide range of customer base. Major activities include Setup, Configuration, tuning, troubleshooting, monitoring and management of Cloud Infrastructure – which would be combination of Physical servers, storage & networking devices and instances in AWS & other public cloud providers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute migration of workloads from Partner datacenters to AWS
- Ensures systems are properly documented, controlled for change, and monitored for uptime and performance
- Facilitate the selection and implementation of network, communication and systems infrastructure to match the global needs of the company
- Develop and document new and existing designs and setups
- Participate in the assessment and strategy planning of infrastructure as required
- Provide recommendations on proper tools and environment selection ensuring scalability
- Identify, interact, and provide high level of service with internal and external customer ensuring needs are being met
- Plan, design, implement, and provide ongoing support of infrastructure systems of high complexity in extranet, backbone, and corporate environments to fulfill business needs for performance and cost benefits
- Hardware installation, configuration, and operational support of these infrastructure Server, storage, load balancer.
- Provide Windows, Linux, VMware support to optimize application delivery on the Cloud by working with application and systems teams
- Server cluster architecture/design, implementation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Work collaboratively with Professional services team and support staff members as required
- Extensive experience in supporting Windows, Linux Servers and Network devices
- Hands on experience in configuring, monitoring and managing Local Area Network and Wide Area Network
- Experience with setting up, monitoring and managing VPNs and other remote access mechanisms and applications
- Experience in managing & monitoring servers, storage and networking devices that constitute Cloud infrastructure on a 24x7 basis
- Experience in configuring and managing DHCP/DNS/AD/LDAP systems/services
- Experience in Citrix virtualization, VMware vSphere, ESXi and vCenter.
- Experience in WSUS and other Patch management tools
- Hands on experience in a scripting language
- Strong understanding of server hardware, specifically Dell/HP servers, with a strong focus on data center technology such as SAN, Blade Servers and Cluster.
- Must have strong personal initiative and demonstrated capability to work with little management oversight
- Possesses the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission
- Have an outstanding attitude and a desire to ensure customer success
- Good understanding/knowledge of ITIL/ITSM processes
- Strong comprehension, problem solving & troubleshooting, analytical and consultative skill.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of dependent services such as Directory services, certificate management services