Director, Product Marketing and Analyst Relations
The Director, Product Marketing and Analyst Relations role at MetricStream is a high visibility, multi-faceted role which requires strong product marketing, analyst relations and communications experience. This role is for a thinker with a strategic mindset, and strong marketing background with a passion for enterprise software products.
This individual will be a self-starter, high energy and ability to juggle multiple projects at velocity, quality and accuracy. Proven product marketing, AR, and product management skills are required. Must be a polished communicator who will represent the company in front of industry analysts. This will include speaking formally and informally with analysts, executives and internal stakeholders. Therefore, communications and collaboration skills are critical to the success of the role. Knowledge of GRC solutions is preferred.
Role & Responsibilities
- Product Marketing support spanning product messaging, positioning, content, sales support – all aligning into the AR management which is a big part of this role.
- Product marketing tasks could include program and project managing content, demand gen, sales enablement and interactions with product management to ensure the products are aligned with market, customer requirements.
- Work with product marketing and product management teams to drive the right intelligence, extract product messaging and create strategies to win mind share and positioning with Analysts
- Superior Analyst Relations engagement with leading analysts such as Gartner, Forrester, IDC, Chartis, Frost Sullivan, etc. Must have done this before and know the levers, key messages to win Analyst ratings!
- Establish strong relationships while gaining credibility
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Highly team oriented (internal and external) to make our analyst program a success
- Organizational ability to manage all activities and coordinate all programs effectively
- Rapid response to analyst inquiries, monitoring briefings while ensuring that deliverables are provided and suggesting research topics
- Hands-on with the ability to articulate responses, drafts, material preparation and quick summary reports for technical briefings, etc.
- Continuous tracking of analyst temperature while managing materials to maintain positive scores, MQ ratings, Forrester Wave scores, reviews etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with Product Marketing, Product Management, Technical and Business teams inside MetricStream to gather and contribute to the articles, responses, and reports submissions to the Analysts
- Maintain a calendar for all analyst activities and communicate internally to deliver success
- Schedule proactively on discussions, briefings to make high impact for company, brand and champion analyst program to success
- High-energy and ability to juggle multiple deliverables at a fast pace while delivering results for positive positioning and favorable ratings, ranking with analysts and influencers
- BA/BS degree in a marketing or technology-related field is preferred 10+ years Analyst Relations experience in the enterprise software industry
- Product Marketing/Management background experience preferred