Ready for a high-impact role at the world’s No. 1 independent GRC SaaS platform? MetricStream is simplifying Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) for modern and digital enterprises, and empowering enterprises and organizations worldwide to perform with integrity. Our market-leading enterprise and cloud Apps for GRC enable organizations to strengthen risk management, regulatory compliance, vendor governance, and quality management while driving business performance.
We are seeking a VP Legal, reporting directly to our Chief Legal Officer. You will manage a team of commercial attorneys and contract specialists while working closely with our business teams across the globe to drive revenue and value for the company.
- Lead the development and upgrades of scalable contract management systems, processes and standards.
- Manage the commercial legal team and provide day to day guidance on deal terms.
- Provide commercial contracting guidance for SaaS customer and partner agreements, data processing agreements, and various types of vendor agreements.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach with key customers and partners.
- Refine templates and processes to streamline and increase efficiency.
- Lead the resolution of legal issues and disputes.
- Keep the team up-to-date on laws and regulations relating to data privacy, software subscriptions and other subjects.
- Work with cross-functional deal teams, and ensure compliance with company policies and guidelines.
Experience & Skillset
- 8+ years of relevant experience, with a focus on SaaS commercial matters, including subscription and professional services contracts. 3+ years of relevant experience at a reputable law firm is a plus.
- Experience in a broad range of legal issues, especially relating to data privacy, security and international commercial law.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with business partners.
- Experience with working in an international and multicultural environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organizational skills, proactiveness and the ability to enjoy a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- High integrity and sense of ownership.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- JD with Bar Admission in the United States.