Senior Manager (Cloud Ops)
MetricStream is simplifying Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) for modern and digital enterprises. Our market-leading GRC Applications, enable organizations to strengthen risk management, regulatory compliance, vendor governance, and quality management while driving business performance.
MetricStream is leading the way in enabling companies to deploy GRC applications on the cloud. Built on state-of-the-art virtualization and containerization technologies, the MetricStream GRC Cloud is a fast and easy way for customers to have GRC applications up and running with optimal reliability, security, and scalability (https://www.metricstream.com/technology/grc-cloud.htm).
MetricStream GRC Cloud is a hybrid cloud (a combination of co-located hosting and multiple public cloud) with a charter to transition existing co-located hosting to public cloud. The Sr. Manager will work closely with Customers and different groups within MetricStream to plan & execute this transition and manage day-to-day operational activities post transition. This position is a blend of Project Manager and Technologist.
Roles & Responsibility:
- 10+ years of experience
- Lead Steady State activities utilizing previous experience in service delivery management of operations support for hosted applications.
- Work closely with Global services and other teams within MetricStream as needed
- Participate in pre-sales and business development efforts, preparing and/or providing support for proposals and presentation decks
- Manages transition/migration projects from kickoff to delivery
- Deliver transitions/migrations within schedule, scope and budget utilizing agile project management approaches
- Monitors project dates, tasks, hours spent, risks, blockers & customer satisfaction throughout the project life cycle
- Identifies scope changes from the original plan or agreement and escalates to the management team
- Works directly with Tech Leads and Directors to ensure project success
- Facilitates meetings and other communication, status reporting and manages customer expectations
- Lead identification of risks, actions, and issues through proactive communication and collaboration with stakeholders and various teams
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of recent experience in managing transition/transformation/migration to public cloud, preferably using migration tools & technologies
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Preferably AWS certified or equivalent certification
- Create best practice detailed transition/migration plans utilizing work breakdown structure to establish critical path, agreed-upon milestones/deliverables, and resource plans
- Organized and motivated team player, with the ability to manage multiple projects while paying close attention to detail
- Must have strong personal initiative and demonstrated capability to work with little management oversight and a desire to ensure customer success
- Experience in working with a provider for managed services, including cyber security and enterprise cloud solutions, as well as, consulting services that include application development and database engineering/architecture services.
- Good understanding/knowledge of ITIL/ITSM processes
- AWS/MS Azure Certifications