- Manage core finance processes/functions including accounts payable, accruals, GL, fixed assets, certain international accounting entities and consolidation
- Manage and review account reconciliations, journal entries, prepare variance analysis and ensure accounting activities are well supported and documented
- Manage the financial statement close process, including close calendar and checklist, while working with the accounting team to reduce the number of days to close
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements (in compliance with GAAP) and financial statements disclosures, as well local, State and Federal Tax Forms.
- Assist in the prepare of monthly cash flows analysis.
- Assist in the monthly calculation of sales and local tax accruals, collections and remittances in the U.S. and International
- Assist in preparation and development of key performance metric reports for management, investors, the Board and/or regulatory bodies.
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices.
- Assist in automation of accounting processes as well as of company-specific processes.
- Manage the company’s expense management process from vendor invoicing to payment, and ensure timely payments are made.
- Other special projects and ad-hoc analyses as directed by management.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA in accounting, finance or relevant field; Professional certification (CPA) is preferred
- 2-4 years of experience with a “Big 4” or other professional accounting firm; plus 2-4 years of industry experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (i.e., budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Critical thinker with attention to detail who can seek innovative solutions to complex business, technical and database issues
- Good understanding of both financial and operational controls
- Experience with foreign currency translation
- Experience with state sales tax compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively