MetricStream is the world’s No. 1 independent GRC SaaS platform simplifying Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) for modern and digital enterprises, and empowering enterprises and organizations worldwide to perform with integrity. Our market-leading enterprise and cloud Apps for GRC enable organizations to strengthen risk management, regulatory compliance, vendor governance, and quality management while driving business performance.
MetricStream is looking for a Senior Accountant. This person will be a critical part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close, reporting and business processes more efficient and accurate.
- Assist with the month-end closing process, including journal entries, accruals, reconciliations, and other projects as needed
- Assist in developing processes and procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with GAAP
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Process payroll and handle all payroll related activities such as processing new hires, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local tax laws, prepare monthly journal entries, etc.
- 401(K) reporting, compliance and year-end census/testing and preparation of 5500
- Research new accounting guidance and exposure drafts, and clearly communicate findings to supervisors
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Ensure SOX compliance and ability to remediate non-compliance issues
- Prepare reports and analysis to support audit, tax return, and various compliance requirements
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes
Personal and Professional Qualification
- Big 4 public accounting experience. A CPA designation is a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting, and cost-control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Able to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field