606 Revenue Consultant
MetricStream is world’s No. 1 independent GRC SaaS platform simplifying Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) for modern and digital enterprises, and empowering enterprises and organizations worldwide to perform with integrity. Our market-leading enterprise and cloud Apps for GRC enable organizations to strengthen risk management, regulatory compliance, vendor governance, and quality management while driving business performance.
We are seeking a 606 Revenue Consultant for a 4 month contract.
- Assist with the adoption and implementing ASC 606.
- Focus on the review of complex multi element deals under both ASC 605 and 606. Review software licensing and cloud arrangements to determine the appropriate accounting treatment, address potential issues and document conclusions. Identifying and interpreting standard and non-standard agreement terms.
- Evaluate contracts and document the differences between ASC-605 & 606 accounting treatment on a transaction basis. Verifying that the proper accounting treatment was applied to all transacted orders
- Prepare deal/contract summaries for completed transactions.
- Prepare journal entries for revenue, deferred revenue and accounts receivable related accounts on a worldwide basis.
- Progressive revenue recognition experience (ASC 605 and ASC 606).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with a variety of functions across the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as in a team setting.
- Advanced excel skills such as pivot tables and data analysis.
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines.
- This is an individual contributor role.