Consultant - Website Tracking for Fundraising
Mercy Corps is a leading global organisation powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In conflict, in disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps Europe (MCE) has grown rapidly in terms of volume of activity and complexity. With offices in Edinburgh, London and Geneva, we now attract over £90m in income, and employ around 100 domestic and expatriate field team members.Mercy Corps is working towards conversion tracking for single donations, regular donations (direct debits) – both donation counts and value – and web signups coming through our website.
In January 2018, our US based web development team commenced a project to implement tracking tags for these goals through Google Tag Manager (GTM) but experienced some challenges with cross-domain tracking difficulties: both the direct debit set up page and single donation confirmation page sit on different platforms:
- SINGLE DONATION: www.secure-server-hosting.com/secutran
(API based card transaction platform with hosting for our own bespoke donation confirmation page)
- DIRECT DEBIT: secure.edirectdebit.com
A content management driven platform that hosts the sign up form and signup confirmation pages
Thanks to the Google Analytics Support we were able to set up the cross-domain tracking, but we now have a new challenge of pushing the tracking data to Google Analytics.
- Single Donation
- Direct Debit confirmation
Having tested Google Analytics for approximately 3 months it has become apparent that the events are not being triggered by these pages and as such; we are not seeing any tracking data from these events from within Google Analytics.
Purpose / Project Description:
Mercy Corps’ Supporter Fundraising and Engagement team are looking to implement full Google Analytics tracking for online donations and revenue resulting from online advertising activity. Cross-domain tracking from third party donation platforms are the main challenges.
Mercy Corps is looking for web development support to:
1) Review existing donation and signup tags on our website as well as donation platforms.
2) Fix or create new tracking snippets to fire when triggered by:
a. Single donation completion (with conversion value)
b. Direct Debit setup completion (with conversion value)
c. New online signups (to the email list): this should be easier as the thank you page sits on our domain
3) Create events and triggers on GTM as well as goals on Google Analytics to track:
a. Single donation
b. Single donation value
c. Direct Debit setup count
d. Direct Debit setup value
e. New signups
4) Help curate documentation and training to enable us to make changes in the future. Platform dependent, for both IT and Fundraising.
5) Help us create automated reports based on cross-channel performance and paths to conversion on Google Analytics.
6) Detailed information on drop offs
7) Identify any gaps in our reporting/tracking and make suggestions for improvements
8) Support in the creation of reporting - internal, useful, user-friendly (non-digital expert staff, creative)
Please note: This position will be based in our office either in Leith, Edinburgh or London Bridge, London. Due to the confidentiality of log in details, this consultancy will not be able to be performed remotely. The Consultant will have supervised access to the platforms on issued IT equipment.
1) Single donation, Direct Debit and signup tags, correctly set up for conversions and conversion value
2) Documentation and training for future updates and maintenance
3) Automated reports based on cross-channel performance and path to conversion on Google Analytics
4) Report on drop offs information, gaps in reporting and improvements
5) Template for clear and easy reporting on complex digital data
Timeframe / Schedule: To be agreed with consultant
The Consultant will report to: The person will report to the IT Manager (Leith) and Digital Fundraising Officer (London).
The Consultant will work closely with: The person will work closely with the IT Manager (Leith) and Digital Fundraising Officer (London).