Email Marketing Manager
MERCY CORPS is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
The Resource Development (RD) department advances the organization’s strategic goals and supports our worldwide team by raising flexible funds, profile and influence. The team is several dozen dynamic professionals who possess a wide range of skills. We are gift officers, direct response fundraisers, web developers, marketers and media relations strategists. We are database managers, digital specialists, creative designers, storytellers and teachers. Most of all, we are passionate about Mercy Corps’ mission and believe a better world is possible.
- To help us take our communication to the next level and build long-lasting relationships with new supporters.
- To ensure that our reputation of providing bold, innovative solutions to the world’s toughest challenges is reflected in the spirit of our email marketing.
- To deliver value to our audiences, drive engagement, and achieve our revenue goals.
- the creation and execution of an integrated, multi-channel email marketing strategy designed to build engaging, long-term relationships with supporters
- a calendar of marketing emails, including fundraising asks, advocacy actions, event invitations, cultivation/engagement pieces, and newsletters
- the evolution of email templates, crafting copy and subject lines when needed, reviewing and updating landing pages, and providing sign off on every email
- analysis of campaign results and development of reports on key metrics—delivery, opens, clicks, conversion, opt-out and revenue—for presentation to colleagues
- all email marketing campaign materials are proofread and the final edit is provided for release
- deadlines are met at each stage of production and the fundraising or communications goals of the project are upheld
- we remain current on email marketing trends, new technology solutions, and competitive strategies, including fundraising
- list hygiene, including list acquisition, e-appends, and email preference management
- interpreting donor response metrics, adjusting marketing goals and plans, and rectifying donor issues as needed
- exploring how we can better meet email marketing needs across the agency, and assisting in the evolution of our marketing technology platforms
YOUR SUCCESS FACTORS
You have well-honed strategic-thinking skills, using appropriate data to drive decisions. You notice gaps and opportunities sooner than most, and get out ahead of them with solutions. You’re meticulous about details, outstanding with written communication, and a master of editing for accuracy, clarity and length. You embrace the Mercy Corps mission and share our sense of urgency about the global issues central to our work.
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of professional email marketing experience that demonstrates progressive levels of responsibility and expertise, preferably with email fundraising
- Experience analyzing and reporting on data
- Experience using and evaluating ESPs
- Some experience with basic HTML and web design is strongly preferred
- Experience with content management systems would be highly beneficial
- Experience working with digital marketing agencies would be helpful
- BA/S in Marketing, Communications, or other relevant field is preferred
Robust Team Member Benefits
- Zero-premium health, dental and vision coverage for team member, spouse and dependents
- 90% subsidized annual TriMet pass
- 403(b) retirement savings account with a 6% employer contribution at 1 year
(Eligibility requirements may apply)
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Equity & Inclusion
At Mercy Corps, we believe that empowering people and fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all feel equally respected and valued will help us create a secure, productive and just world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants of all religions, ethnicities, citizenships, educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, ages, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, along with brief application information.