Consultant - Cash Learning Partnership (CaLP) Level 2 Training - Haiti
Project Location(s): Les Cayes, Haiti
Capacity building at the individual and institutional levels is a core pillar of Cash Learning Partnership (CaLP's) work, and the CaLP provides a range of trainings to accommodate different levels of experience with cash and voucher programming.
CaLP and partners have noted a need for skill development in Haiti, where cash-based programming has a long history but is not necessarily as routinely used as would be expected. Partners have expressed an interest in providing Level 2 trainings to help meet this need, as the 2018 hurricane season approaches and preparedness activities are commencing. Demand is expected to be quite high, as it has been a long time since CaLP has directly engaged in Haiti.
Level 2 trainings target national and international NGO technical and operational staff, relevant government representatives and members of the private sector. The objective of the Level 2 training is to strengthen the capacity of humanitarian actors in CTP (Cash Transfer Programming) design and implementation, to share recent research and learning, and encourage advocacy, institutionalization and coordination in CTP. This 5-day training follows the project cycle and addresses the challenges and tools to be put in place at each step of the cash transfer process
Purpose / Project Description:
To formalize skills in cash-based programming in Haiti, to share lessons learnt, to improve the preparedness of humanitarian actors to deliver cash and/or vouchers following a potential hurricane and to strengthen the CaLP brand in the region.
The Level 2 training aims to enable practitioners and management leadership involved in humanitarian response (inclusive of slow onset emergencies, immediate relief operations, and early recovery phases) to:
- Acquire a more in-depth understanding of cash and voucher transfer programs
- Develop an improved capacity to evaluate the appropriateness of CTP compared to other response modalities
- Get an insight into how to work with different types of CTP in a range of contexts and sectors
- Have an understanding of the different tools and mechanisms available to implement CTP
- Deepen the knowledge on the critical factors to take into account when identifying the appropriate modality, value and delivery methods for cash transfers
- Develop the ability to anticipate and mitigate potential bottlenecks and risks
- Be equipped with basic advocacy messages for CTP tailored to a variety of stakeholders
- Understand the basics of coordination and humanitarian standards that relate to CTP
- Develop the ability to enhance the effectiveness of CTP though improved design, implementation, coordination,
The Consultant will:
- Lead a 5 day CaLP Level 2 training in the South of Haiti (Les Cayes), with minimal facilitation support from Mercy Corps’ Haiti team.
- Be responsible for the adaptation of Training materials if needed
- Be responsible for the final evaluation form of the trainings – conception and analysis
- Debrief with admin/logistics focal point to provide feedback on improving organization of future training events
- Responsible for drafting the final reports
The Consultant will:
- Do the analysis of the final evaluation of the training, which findings will be included in the final report
- Submit a final reports report for the training
Timeframe / Schedule:
It will be a ten-day contract, starting on the August 30th 2019 through the 10th of September 2019. Mercy Haiti will provide a detail schedule upon the signature of the contract.
The Consultant will report to:
CTP AdvisorThe Consultant will work closely with:
- Cash Transfer Officer
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Required Experience & Skills:
The ideal consultant will have the following experience and skills:
- 5-10 years of experience in training facilitation
- Has facilitated the full content of the CaLP Level 2 training at least twice in the past
- Experience coaching or mentoring staff or partner organizations in M & E
- In-depth knowledge in Cash Transfer Programming
- French English required
In addition to your CV, please submit a brief cover letter which includes a list of relevant projects/experience, expected fees/daily rate, and availability.