Digital Marketing Coordinator
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
The RD team includes several dozen dynamic professionals who possess a wide range of skills. We are database managers, web developers, internet marketers and public relations experts. We are writers, designers, photographers and teachers. We are fundraisers with expertise in direct response, online, community, major gift and corporate giving. We are specialists in fundraising analysis, stewardship, prospecting and customer service. Most of all, we are passionate about Mercy Corps’ mission and dedicated to supporting our worldwide team that’s improving the lives of nearly 28 million people in more than 40 countries.
General Position Summary
We’re looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator to help us take our marketing to the next level and win the hearts and minds of new supporters. We’ve built our reputation on providing bold, innovative solutions to the world’s toughest challenges, and are looking for our digital marketing to reflect that same spirit.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is a member of the Brand Marketing Team, which acquires, cultivates, solicits, and upgrades donors via online channels including paid search, email, advertising, and other third-party digital platforms. This individual will be a well-rounded digital professional with strong marketing experience and familiar with the full life cycle of multi-channel digital campaigns, from strategy ideation to planning, documentation, execution and evaluation. This person cares about creating a cohesive, human-centered experience for our audiences.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator partners closely with the strategy and creative teams to ensure multi-channel digital campaigns run smoothly. Throughout campaign lifecycles, they will work closely with the Senior Digital Marketing Strategist and content/creative producers to finalize strategy, develop timelines, and make sure that requirements and deliverables are clear and everyone has what they need to execute successful end-to-end campaigns. They will ensure that all final sign-offs are complete before campaigns begin, and that campaigns are closed, documented and evaluated after the fact. During emergency fundraising moments, they are a key communication and information hub for the team.
Essential Job Responsibilities
CROSS-CHANNEL CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
- Manage cross-channel digital marketing campaigns throughout campaign lifecycle, partnering with online and offline marketing colleagues on campaign strategy development and targeting
- Manage multiple project schedules against tight timelines, coordinating deliverables, managing execution and maintaining process documentation
- Manage approvals process for campaign creative, helping to ensure that all creative is fully vetted, reviewed and approved by relevant stakeholder(s) before campaigns launch
- Coordinate with internal teams to gather analytics to optimize campaigns, including integrated campaigns with offline tactics
- Manage close-out process for campaigns, including final documentation of strategy and tactics, landing page end of life and coordinating with the Digital Analyst and agency partners on comprehensive campaign reporting
- Track and report on status of current, completed and upcoming campaigns
- Maintain digital marketing campaign plans and testing roadmap, managing and optimizing related processes
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks, including vendor on-boarding, invoicing and scheduling
- Provide backup on content management and production when needed
- Cross-train with digital marketing teammates in order to provide backup support and coverage for roles when needed
- Manage deliverables and activities related to major cause marketing campaigns, in collaboration with Corporation and Foundation teams, Dev Ops and other RD teams as needed
- Participate in fundraising strategy idea development to generate revenue opportunities
- Coordinate with designers, product managers and editors on the creation of new tools, videos and other interactive elements
- Collaborate with Policy and Advocacy team members and others on development, implementation and analysis of advocacy activities
- Communicate campaign information and results to stakeholders as needed
- Serve as point person for digital marketing projects with in-house creative team
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO PARTNERS
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our partners and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal participants in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Reports Directly To: Sr. Brand Program Manager
- Works Directly With: Digital Marketing team, Direct Response team members, external agencies, Dev Ops team, Creative team, Corporate and Foundations teams, Policy and Advocacy team
Knowledge and Experience
- B.A. or B.S. preferred
- Digital marketing and/or fundraising experience required
- 4+ years experience working with digital channels and activities, including email, SEM, advertising, social and website design/development
- 2+ years experience with project management concepts and processes, particularly planning, documentation and project close-out
- Demonstrated experience working across teams and disciplines, with expertise building solid working relationships and trust among colleagues
- Experience creating, managing, and optimizing processes
Demonstrated experience with Google Analytics, HTML, Facebook
- Ads Manager, Drupal (or other content management system) and CRM strongly preferred
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Strong proofreading skills
A successful Digital Marketing Coordinator can work under pressure in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment, while balancing a mix of short and longer-term deadlines and projects. This person has the ability to negotiate scope and schedules with internal clients according to workloads and timelines, and enforces deadlines across a range of teams. They stay calm and firm under pressure, and respond quickly to new opportunities, while paying close attention to the details. They meet deadlines and can work both independently and cooperatively with colleagues. They have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong people skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers. They are eager to continue expanding and growing their digital knowledge.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
This position is based in Portland, Oregon. Some evenings/weekends are required during emergency responses. Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/STA to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Fostering a diverse and open workplace is an important part of Mercy Corps’ vision. Mercy Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment.