Portland, OR - eLearning Course Librarian Intern
INTERN WORKSITE LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: May 2019 - Aug 2019 (Flexible as long as 3 months minimum)
Availability: M-F 9am-5pm (Flexible)
INTERN SUPERVISOR: Learning Technology Manager
FUNDING AVAILABLE FOR THE INTERNSHIP: $500/month stipend
Mercy Corps responsibilities
For the duration of this internship assignment the intern will receive:
- Training and supervisory support
- Workstation with computer, internet, and phone access
- Access to Mercy Corps online tools
- All other tools, materials and communication requirements necessary for project
Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with:
- Travel to and from Mercy Corps HQ
- Laptop for working remotely
- Accommodation, travel and living expenses
- All other costs associated with this internship
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Mercy Corps Learning & Development team is transitioning to a new Learning Management System (LMS). The Learning Management System tracks the progress of and provides access to a wide assortment of training courses available to Mercy Corps team members. With the arrival of this new system, our large library of courses must be uploaded, properly cataloged, and tested in the new system. Additionally, courses will be organized into curriculums with official certificates associated with their successful completion.
The Course Librarian Intern receive admin access to the Schoox LMS and will assist and possibly lead the upload and testing of courses into the Schoox LMS. The intern will identify and create curriculums of courses and create certificates of completion. Courses will also be organized within the LMS by subject to facilitate the ability of global Mercy Corps team members to quickly find and access relevant material.
- Gain an understanding of basic LMS administration
- Learn the process of organizing and cataloging online training courses for a global audience.
- Coordinate with global Mercy Corps stakeholders to create curriculums and associated certificates.
- Provide a working knowledge of the L&D function in development & humanitarian non-profit.
- Gain experience in a multi-cultural work environment, coordinating and communicating with a global team across time zones and geographies, many of whom operate in complex, challenging environments
- Online training courses uploaded to Schoox LMS.
- Feedback from various agency stakeholders to be incorporated into certificates and curriculums
- Course library organized by topics and available languages
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- A recent college or graduate degree (or one in progress) with experience or interest in online training and the administration thereof.
- LMS administration experience (Schoox experience preferred but not necessary)
- Preferably have experience in e-learning platforms (though not required)
- Creative problem solver
- Attention to detail – able to manage and track requests and changes to projects
- Interest in working in a multicultural environment, and with stakeholders in multiple geographies
- Strong attention to maintaining quality and consistency in deliverables
- Fluency in Arabic, Spanish, or French (not required)
Mercy Corps interns and team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Diversity is powerful. To achieve transformational change, we seek out team members with different origins, beliefs, backgrounds and ways of thinking. Diversity helps us unlock complexity.