Software Developer, Digital Healthcare platform and solutions
Looking for a new challenge? Are you a Software Developer looking to bring your passions and dreams to work?
Medullan is a software innovation firm developing web, mobile, and multi-channel digital products and platforms for the healthcare world. We are headquartered in Cambridge, MA and have offices in Trinidad, Jamaica, Washington DC, and Orlando. In the last two years we have more than tripled in size - going from a 30 to over 100 people across 4 offices.
Healthcare is a $4T annual spend in the US and healthcare innovation is accelerating and an increasing rate. Hospitals are engaging patients to minimize readmissions. Genetic mapping and testing is becoming widely available. Recommendation engines are using personal profiles to help with decisions from therapy to PCP choices to health plans. All these problems require solutions that have never been built before. As a 10+ year industry veteran, Medullan is uniquely positioned to make a large impact in the space.
Medullan is growing quickly, and we're looking to expand our product team with experienced software developers.
As a Software Developer on our product team you will:
- Work with a team of smart, driven globally experienced and globally distributed engineers designing, developing and maintaining enterprise-level applications using object oriented and service oriented technologies
- Have the flexibility to propose and implement your own ideas and solutions to challenging problems
- Interact with customers and end users to understand needs and how best to keep them engaged while using our products and services
- Own your career growth as far as your abilities, skills, and adaptability will take you while building a unique company that will produce the next generation of global business leaders
- Receive great benefits, including unlimited time off, flexible work schedules, and the ability to work from home
Desired Skills & Experience (The Core):
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1 to 3 years experience with commercial-grade software development
- Ability to adapt to new business demands and technologies to deliver the best solutions possible
- Ability to learn from as well as to teach others around you
- Knowledge of OOAD, UML, Agile and Design Patterns
- A BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent – but experience tells all!
Desired Skills & Experience (The Plus):
- Experience in Node.js and platforms such as Express.js, Koa.js, Hapi.js, etc. would be an asset
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) would be a plus
- Knowledge of any one of these web technologies such as Spring Framework, Grails, Ruby on Rails, Django, ASP.NET MVC, Backbone.js, Knockout.js, AngularJS, React, Dojo, JQuery, GWT, HTML5, etc would be a plus
- Knowledge in mobile technologies such as Ionic, React Native, PhoneGap, Switft, Objective C, iOS, native Android,, etc. would be a plus
Character and Interests (The Edge):
- Ability to multi-task, absorb new technologies, and work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- Ability to work with business clients, facilitating discussions, and assimilating processes, issues and needs
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability; “can do” attitude
- A determination to learn and grow your skills and capabilities
Have we described you? Or does this sound like a role for you? Then join the ever expanding Medullan family and grow with us.