UX Architects/Managers and Senior UX Designers; human centered design for web and mobile Healthcare app's (Contract or Permanent)
Are you an experienced and adaptable UX Architect, UX Manager or Senior Designer passionate about transforming health care and empowering people to live better lives? Are you eager to conceive, design, build, and promote adoption of innovative technology products, services, and solutions for important and wickedly complex human problems, spanning diverse aspects of health and wellness? Are you passionate about creating great user experiences inspired by an understanding of people and guided by iterative learning and user assessments? Are you fearless about solving complex problems, excited about addressing the ambiguities and opportunities of new product development, and adept at executing complex UX work-streams?
Medullan (www.medullan.com), a unique, fast growing, health care innovation company dedicated to empowering people to lead healthier, better lives, is seeking multiple creative and experienced User Experience Architects and Visual Designers who are enthusiastic and skilled in working on lean product innovation. Our UX Teams work across numerous facets of human-centered design and user experience spanning UX strategy, experience/interaction design, user research/assessment, rapid UI prototyping, and visual design. Our lean, agile, human-centered product development approach puts a premium on using lean UX methods with tight integration and close collaboration with cross-functional teams (innovation principals, tech architects, developers, business analysts, and program managers) and clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to join and help grow a talented, collaborative, fun UX team and company working on problems and solutions that really matter. We have numerous positions based in either Metro Boston or Washington DC/Rosslyn area.
UX Team responsibilities:
- End-to-end UX projects and work-streams within product and service innovation programs
- Collaborative workshops (internal and with customers) for a range of purposes (e.g., discovery, design reviews, product definition, planning, and prioritization)
- Lean UX research and modeling to understand user needs as strategic input into product definition, product strategy, end-to-end solution/experience design, adoption strategy and program planning
- Iterative learning (e.g., user assessments) and adoption measurement activities to inspire and inform product innovation and optimization
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Project Managers, and Tech Architects on release planning, estimation, feasibility analysis, agile development planning etc.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to connect the dots between UX (e.g., user scenarios and adoption narratives, interaction designs, etc.) and agile development work (e.g., agile sprint planning, and user story creation. Conduct scenario based reviews of designs, prototypes, and products as part of the lean life cycle and UX quality assurance
- Product definition work including but not limited to UX storyboarding, UX concept sketches and experience models, UX architecture diagrams, high level UI wireframes and flows
- Our Visual Designers create detailed interaction designs, creating lean artifacts including wireframes, sketches, mockups etc. to inform iterative development
- Contribute to Medullan’s UX knowledge base and UX practice development (grow and synthesized user models and actionable insights about health and wellness experiences and behaviors, identify and document health care specific UX-UI design patterns, etc.)
Experience & Skill Requirements
- For UX Managers and Architects, a minimum of 8 years experience in all major facets of human-centered design and UX in both consulting and lean-agile product development contexts across diverse problem domains
- Several years experience leading UX work-streams, projects and programs
- Experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and creative about working with cross-functional teams and working “lean”
- Experience designing cross-channel solutions including mobile solutions
- High level of expertise, creativity, and adaptability in all facets of qualitative and quantitative UX research, assessment, and measurement
- Strong skills in user experience strategy, experience design (interaction design and UX architecture), and business process analysis
- UX prototyping skills a plus, including competence with UX prototyping and design tools such as Axure RP Pro, etc.
- Strong communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Experience and expertise in the meaningful analysis of application/product usage leveraging web analytic tools
- Experience working in and knowledge about health care, wellness, collaboration, and discovery applications and products a plus