Lead IT Systems and Networks Administrator, digital healthcare innovation Company
Responsible for hands-on oversight, management and support of IT and IT related projects. Based in our Somerville, MA headquarters, we have a geographically distributed, 100+ person workforce with offices in Cambridge, Jamaica and Trinidad as well as virtual employees and specialized Contractors across the US.
Medullan assists healthcare companies developing enterprise level web and mobile solutions used to enable personalized experiences for patients and consumers. We work across the entire spectrum of healthcare companies (e.g. Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, Payers and Services) and domains including nutrition, work/life services, chronic disease management (including diabetes, cancers), telemedicine, genetic testing and analysis. We recently announced our first product (analytics/apps development platform).
- Manage the IT Service Desk and other technical support systems for monitoring, logging and reporting of activities necessary to maintain quality of service by establishing and enforcing organizational standards (SLA, metrics, management reporting, etc.).
- Recommends information technology strategies, identifies problems and evaluates organizational outcomes for application, system and business process implementations; provides leadership in working with all teams on management of application ownership, change management, security and access controls.
- Will perform a variety of technical duties involved in installing, maintaining, testing, and maintenance of IT equipment and software used by Medullan and its employees; respond to requests for assistance from system users and resolves operations problems; troubleshoots, analyzes and resolves complex systems, internal and internet e-mail systems, and application problems; and performs various diagnostic testing and maintenance on system hardware.
- Assist in the creation, implementation and maintenance of all Medullan’s IT policies and procedures.
Minimum Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in directly managing the projects and activities of IT staff;
- Triage and manage any tickets submitted via the Helpdesk ticket system in a timely fashion and in accordance to defined Service Level Agreements, escalate unresolved issues to the Director of IT; responsible for maintaining service metrics and KPI’s;
- Policy management as defined by the Director of IT for ensuring compliance to the physical, technical and administrative security controls of the organization;
- Maintain license assurance process and artifacts for all Medullan purchased equipment and software;
- Implement and manage the Medullan Change Management process and Change Advisory Board which oversees all significant environmental, application and infrastructure modifications;
- Manage Supplier vetting and contract management, and coordinate with vendor support on all issues; Manage all hardware, software and inventory for all Medullan offices while providing support for other office locations; Manage all network devices, communication links, Active Directory, VPN’s and site to site connections between all Medullan locations;
- Manage administration, account management, and monitoring of all business applications used in support of the organization’s business processes;
- Provide service improvements initiatives and participating in the evaluation of new equipment, software, and hardware; Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades, and new services, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments;
- Responsible for incident management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis;
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- BS in Information Technology (or equivalent)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), CSNP, CompTIA Network+ professional certification is required;
- Practical experience working in IT Service Management in Healthcare IT is highly desired;
- High level of proficiency with Mac & PC; Technical proficiency in Network and Firewall implementation, management and monitoring
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Practical knowledge and demonstrated experience working in ISO 27001, HIPAA/HITECH, NIST, PCI, SOC regulatory impacted IT environments is a must;
- Ability to establish best practices for keeping applications acquired from a third-party vendor or from an internal development team running smoothly, and demonstrate ability in supporting, maintaining, and administering these applications;
- Must be able to work with multiple stakeholders of different functional backgrounds in different countries including having the ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels;
- Must be proficient in rapid response techniques particularly, diagnosing and fixing problems; Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools;
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, “can do” attitude