Senior Director and Practice Lead, Digital Strategy; Products and Services for digital healthcare transformation
Senior Director Digital Strategy; digital transformation for healthcare
Medullan Overview: We have an exceptional opportunity in today’s most vibrant technology market; Digital Healthcare Transformation. With 90 passionate people and unique competitive advantages, we’re winning contracts over competitors 1000x our size. To succeed we need to be agile and lean. To grow we need to scale our people, processes and methodologies during this inflection point.
We are looking for people who recognize and are prepared to seize the incredible opportunity to impact peoples’ lives through healthcare innovation.
Market: Healthcare, a $4T/year spend, is the new frontier of technology and business transformation. Healthcare quality and cost transparency are under new levels of scrutiny. Legislative mandates are causing some of the largest companies in the world to rethink their business models. Mobile/IoT technology companies are building wearable devices and smart phone technology to generate and collect data. Making that data useful requires solutions, grounded in behavioral science, to engage people, understand their behavior and educate and motivate them to make good decisions.
Our Company: Medullan assists healthcare companies with digital transformation; starting with business and customer engagement strategy that results in developing personalized web, mobile, and multi-channel solutions. These human centered solutions are used to e.g. increase member or patient engagement, expand direct-to-consumer offerings, promote health and wellness and raise awareness. Our goal is to improve our customers' ability to both serve their customers and comply with core business changes such as value-based reimbursement.
We work across the entire spectrum of healthcare companies (e.g. Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, Payers and Services) and domains including nutrition, work/life services, chronic disease management (including diabetes, cancers), telemedicine, genetic testing and analysis. We announced our first products (analytics/apps development platform) last year.
Digital Strategy: Defining the products and services that engage and impact people and validate the value to those people and our customers. This Team is an essential interface between our Customers and Medullan’s cross functional teams.
The Digital Strategy Practice is key to ensuring our Teams deliver quality solutions that exceed our clients and their customer’s expectations. You’ll work closely with business leaders and product owners to uncover a product or service vision and intended value; then work alongside User Experience and Technology professionals to translate that vision into a working solution.
Position Overview: Digital Strategy Practice Lead. We are looking for a Leader and mentor for an incredibly talented Team. A Visionary and trusted advisor to our Customers. Lead Medullan’s cross functional Teams from research to ideation and product and service design workshops to concept validation including pilots.
Job responsibilities: Managing Delivery, Growing the Team and the Practice
Lead all phases of Digital Strategy Delivery:
- Business Design & Incubation
- Growth Opportunities & Commercialization
- Real World Evidence Acceleration
- Product Innovation, Strategy & Management
- Business Development & Account Nurture
Lead Practice and People Growth:
Continuously improving existing and define new Digital Strategy service offerings.
- Optimize synergy across Practices
- Establish goals KPI’s/metrics for the Practice and People
- Establish Medullan as a thought leader in digital healthcare strategy
- Define requirements (competencies, skills, knowledge) for hiring and evaluating People
- MS Degree or MBA or equivalent with a focus in Economics or other quantitative discipline.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in healthcare technology solutions
- Minimum of 4 years of practice leadership experience at a global strategy consulting company. Included in your resume or cover letter should be examples of growth of people and practice (offerings, methodology, revenues, etc.)
- Active content creator and contributor in the healthcare innovation space. Examples of publications should be included.
- Deep knowledge of complex, human centered, healthcare systems and requirements is a must. This includes working with User Research and Experience Design Teams. We aren’t considering candidates without healthcare solutions
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with client facing, full life cycle, product and/or services strategy. Experience bringing to market innovation and digital transformation must include:
- Market, competitive and ecosystem analysis including market and opportunity sizing
- Unique value proposition creation and validation. Go-to-market commercialization strategy
- Deep experience in Excel and/or statistical tools for financial and business impact modeling including for revenue, pricing and ROI projections.
- Product roadmaps from feature definition to make/buy decisions to partner relationships
- Demonstrated business development experience in consultative and solutions selling models. RFP/proposal creation. Can assist with statements of work.
This position will be ideally located in either our Somerville, MA or DC/VA office but open to virtual . If you aren’t local, please detail your expectations and drivers (if any) for relocation or travel restriction.
If you meet our qualifications and have any questions, please send a profile link and contact me directly: Mike Moore, Director Talent Acquisition and People Success, firstname.lastname@example.org