Product Managers and Business Analysts interested in digital strategy for healthcare technology
Market overview: Healthcare in the US is a $4 Trillion USD spend and the newest frontier of technology and business transformation. Technology companies are building wearable devices and smart phone technology to generate and collect data. To make that data useful, highly interactive web and mobile applications are being created to engage people, understand their behavior and educate and motivate them to make good decisions. That’s where we come in.
Our Company: Medullan assists healthcare companies with digital transformation; business and customer engagement strategy that results in developing enterprise technology for multi-channel solutions. These human centered solutions are used to increase engagement, expand direct-to-consumer offerings, promote wellness and disease management, and raise healthcare quality and cost transparency. Our goal is to improve our customers' ability to serve their customers and to increase revenue and profitability.
We work across the full spectrum of healthcare companies (e.g. Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, Payers and Services) and domains (e.g. genetic testing and analysis, nutrition, chronic disease management including diabetes, COPD, cancers, telemedicine). Our customers’ customer base approaches 100 million. We announced our first product (analytics platform) last year.
What is Digital Strategy? The work we do begins with defining and designing products and services that engage people across the entire healthcare ecosystem. Integral to that end is the Digital Strategy practice. The charter includes product or service definition and framing, market sizing, competitive analysis, business and monetization and to go to market strategies.
The Digital Strategy Team works closely with business leaders and product owners to uncover a product or service vision and the intended value; then works alongside User Experience and Technology professionals to translate that vision into a working solution.
Digital Strategy is a great career path for technology-oriented Business Analysts and Product Managers.
- Understand Client project and/or product business goals, align and articulate a product’s vision/goal, objectives, success metrics/criteria, value proposition, key users, and user scenarios
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams comprised of product management, user experience, technology, testers, and other subject matter experts to gather and analyze information needs and functionality requirements, dependencies and impacts, and to facilitate user story development
- Work with product owners and teams to groom the product backlog by adding, prioritizing, and/or removing user stories in order to maintain alignment with product/project success criteria
- Deliver collaboration artifacts as agreed to by the team (this may include detailed requirements, data flow diagrams, business logic matrixes, executable test examples, etc)
- Facilitate stakeholders/product owners to consensus around product or services definitions and requirements
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelors Degree. Masters Degree highly desired or equivalent in real world experience.
- 5+ years of experience in gathering requirements, vision definition, business rules, and documentation of software applications
- Experience leading workshop style meetings to identify, define and chart a product’s functional requirements
- Experience working in Agile/SCRUM environment
- Experience working in a client facing, consulting environment
- High energy level, with strong facilitation, verbal/written communication skills
- Experience in the Healthcare Industry a plus
- Knowledge of Lean Startup concepts and techniques a plus
- Ability to travel 40-60%