UX Researchers; human centered design for digital healthcare solutions
Are you an experienced and adaptable UX Researcher and Design Thinker passionate about transforming healthcare and empowering people to live better lives? Are you eager to influence the creation of innovative care experiences, products, and healthcare solutions for important and wickedly complex human problems, spanning diverse aspects of health and wellness? Are you passionate about leading research utilizing Design Thinking approaches, from initial vision and methodology development, user identification and recruitment, to actual facilitation of in-person interviews and online testing, through to the synthesis and presentation of insights?
Medullan (www.medullan.com), a unique, fast growing, healthcare innovation company dedicated to empowering people to lead healthier lives, is seeking experienced UX Researchers who are skilled in used Human Centered Design approaches for developing healthcare product and care experiences. Our UX Researchers must be exceptional hands-on doers and leaders– “jacks of many trades and master of several” across numerous facets of human-centered design and user research. You will work closely with product and development teams, utilize immersive research to engage decision makers in actively listing to target users, and influence design and development decisions via user insights (needs, pain points), usability research data, trends, and best practices. Our lean, agile, human-centered product development approach puts a premium on using lean UX methods with tight integration and close collaboration with cross-functional teams (innovation principals, tech architects, developers, business analysts, and program managers) and clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a talented, collaborative, fun UX team and company working on problems and solutions that really matter. This position is based in Washington DC or Cambridge, MA.
- Develop and use design research methodologies and insights to drive decision making
- Lead and help facilitate collaborative workshops (internal and with customers) for a range of purposes (e.g., discovery, design reviews, product definition, planning, and prioritization)
- Play the lead role to execute lean UX research and modeling to understand user needs as strategic input into product definition, strategy, end-to-end solution/experience design
- Play the lead role in iterative learning (e.g., user assessments) and adoption measurement activities to inspire and inform product innovation and optimization
- Interpret research results, derive implications, perform analysis and gather strategic intelligence to provide insights regarding the healthcare market trends, patient needs, pain points and behavioral drivers
- Work with product managers, designers, developers and partners to prioritize research needs in an exciting, growth-driven environment
- Manage research vendors and partners and drive execution of research initiatives
- Contribute to Medullan’s UX research knowledge base and practice development
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- High level of expertise, creativity, and adaptability in all facets of qualitative and quantitative research, assessment, and measurement
- Degree in Human Centered Design, Social Science, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, or related field.
- At least seven years of industry experience as a hands-on researcher, working on experiences and solutions designed to meet defined user-centered and behavioral outcomes
- Expert on methodology, study design, and analysis/reporting, including ethnographic research, site visits, interviews, voice of the customer, think-out-loud studies, and task-based usability testing
- Ability to analyze research for key needs, pain points, and preferences, and synthesize such qualitative and quantitative information for presentation to key stakeholders
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Leader of research projects, teams and third-party partners when needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Portfolio that includes examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcomes
- Experience working in and knowledge about the healthcare