Senior and Lead Software Engineers; front end and full stack; web and mobile applications for digital healthcare
Medullan is a market leading software innovation firm developing web, mobile, and multi-channel digital products and VARA, an analytics and application development platform for digital healthcare transformation.
Our Market: Healthcare is a $4T USD annual spend in the US. Pressure to increase transparency of cost, quality and efficacy of services is fueling design and technology innovation. There are 1000's of new use cases of personalized experiences including: digital therapeutics for disease management, hospitals engaging patients (post-treatment) to optimize their recovery, behavioral analytics to help people navigate decisions from health and wellness to choices of doctors, products and services.
All these problems require solutions that have never been built before. As a 10+ year industry veteran, Medullan is uniquely positioned to make a large impact in the space.
We have needs for all levels of Software Engineers from highly motivated developers with 1-2 years of experience to Principal Engineers who can architect, code and mentor:
- Work with a team of smart, driven globally experienced and globally distributed engineers designing, developing and maintaining enterprise-level applications using object oriented and service-oriented technologies
- Have or aspire to have the requisite experience and flexibility to propose and implement your own ideas and solutions to challenging problems
- We solve really difficult business problems that require critical thinking and iteration (agile/lean). Understanding the needs of our customers and end users is essential.
- Own your career growth as far as your abilities, skills, and adaptability will take you.
Desired Skills & Experience (The Core):
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with commercial-grade software development
- Ability to adapt to new business demands and technologies to deliver the best solutions possible
- Ability to learn from as well as to teach others around you
- Knowledge of OOAD, UML, Agile and Design Patterns
- A BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent
Desired Skills & Experience (The Plus):
- For the VAR team, experience in Node.js and platforms such as Express.js, Koa.js, Hapi.js, etc. would be an asset
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) would be a plus
- Knowledge of any one of these web technologies such as Spring Framework, Grails, Ruby on Rails, Django, ASP.NET MVC, Backbone.js, Knockout.js, AngularJS, React, Dojo, JQuery, GWT, HTML5, etc would be a plus
- Knowledge in mobile technologies such as Ionic, React Native, PhoneGap, Switft, Objective C, iOS, native Android,, etc. would be a plus
Character and Interests (The Edge):
- Ability to multi-task, absorb new technologies, and work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
- At the senior level, the ability to work with business clients, facilitating discussions, and assimilating processes, issues and needs
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability; “can do” attitude
- A determination to learn and grow your skills and capabilities