Senior Software Engineer - QA Automation
At Maven Wave, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills, but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
Founded in 2008, Maven Wave has experienced rapid growth. We combine the experience and knowledge of a management consulting firm with the innovation and technology expertise of a cloud services firm, providing a truly unique work environment. Employees have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience and make a significant impact on the business outcomes of our clients and our company.
Over the past years, Maven Wave has received the following awards and accolades:
- Google Cloud North America Services Partner of the Year, 2018
- #21 Best Workplaces in Chicago, FORTUNE, 2018
- Great Place To Work Certification, Great Place to Work, 2017 & 2018
- Fast Fifty, Crain's Chicago Business, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, National Association for Business Resources (NABR), 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Top Google Cloud Partner, Clutch, 2017
- Fastest Growing Consulting Firms in North America (#11, #37), Consulting Magazine, 2016, 2017
- Top IT Services Companies, Clutch, 2015
- Google Global Rising Star Partner of the Year 2015
Experience in years: 2 to 4 Years
- Define standards & best practices for STLC to support agile development processes
- Capable of providing metrics, KPIs, reporting.
- Leadership and communication skills to engage and influence different stakeholders, experience working collaboratively in a distributed enterprise environment.
- Build & expand QA team.
- Lead and mentor automation QA engineers.
- Lead the efforts to expand the existing automation framework / strategy.
- Experience with Hadoop and Big Data is a good-to-have
- Provide feedback on early product designs, turn functional requirements into test cases, programmatically automate test cases and provide detailed feedback to every team in the form of metrics driven reports.
- Understand, advise and inspire changes for improving our cross-department and QA processes
- Learn from and contribute to a top-tier technology team
- Strong desire and experience in owning and driving process changes.
- Experience creating test cases that include both happy path and all manner of edge case
- Must be able to validate the solutions delivered by team AND get hands-on with scripting.
- Test Automation: Design and implement reusable automated test frameworks to drive test automation goals and to support continuous integration and regression testing. Utilize and extend existing test automation test harnesses.
- Defect Tracking/Reporting: Provide accurate and reproducible qualitative defect reporting, bug scrubs, and quality metrics with project core teams.
- GUI test automation experience with open source tools/frameworks such as POM,Protractor, Selenium Webdriver, Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) frameworks like Cucumber/Jasmine.
- 6+ years of experience writing automated test cases for web apps with sophisticated UI and 100s of features.
- At Least 4+ years of experience building and leading a lean QA team with both Manual and Automation responsibilities.
- Strong experience in GUI/UI/Web application Automation using Selenium Webdriver or any other similar open source tool.
- Experience in API testing using any of these tools SoapUI/Postman/Jmeter.
- Experience with Cross browser testing.
- Exposure to any programming language (Java/Python)
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies like Scrum
Good to have Skills:
- Knowledge of performance testing & load testing with JMeter.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Delivery practices.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration products - Jenkins / Apache Continuum/ TeamCity.
- Experience with writing SQL Queries.
- Experience in User Story creation and identifying the Acceptance Criteria.
- Experience in using standard development tools such as Eclipse IDE, Subversion, GIT, Bamboo.
- Experience with any of the following scripting languages: Shell, C-Shell or Perl
- Experience with bug tracking tools, version control tools (Jira/Git/Perforce/SVN/Bugzilla)