Data Science Manager
At Maven Wave, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills, but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
Maven Wave helps leading companies make the shift to digital and shorten the fuse to innovation. We combine the expertise of top-tier consulting with the agility of a cutting-edge technology firm. This multidisciplinary blend of skills allows us to create unique digital advantages for our clients. Maven Wave’s digital solutions are agile, mobile, rooted in analytics, and built in the cloud.
Maven Wave, Google, and YOU: 1 sentence about what this role will do (i.e. help drive and deliver business results with data-based insights.)
Your Life As a Maven:
- Strong understanding of Data Science best practices including explaining Machine Learning Models to a business audience.
- Ability to lead and work within a software/data development/MLteam of 10-20 people in a fast paced environment.
- Experience providing leadership to development teams from a technical perspective including Putting ML model in production, quality control, and API architecture.
- Willingness to work on newer technology stack including cloud technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with other scientists and business clients.
- Overall experience of 12-15 years in technology consulting or science related
- Minimum 5 years experience in database technology or engineering
- Understanding and fluency in data architectures and Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (supervised / unsupervised learning, clustering, and neural networks and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- High level understanding of machine learning process and workflow
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Aptitude - You have an innate capacity to transition from project to project without skipping a beat.
- Communication - You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams.
- Impact - You are a critical thinker with an emphasis on creativity and innovation.
- Passion - You have the drive to succeed paired with a continuous hunger to learn.
- Leadership - You are trusted, empathetic, accountable, and empower others around you.
Why We’re Proud To Be Mavens!
- Google Cloud North America Services Partner of the Year 2019, 2018
- #21 Best Workplaces in Chicago, FORTUNE, 2018
- Great Place To Work Certification, Great Place to Work, 2017 & 2018
- Fast Fifty, Crain's Chicago Business
- 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, National Association for Business Resources (NABR)
- Top Google Cloud Partner, Clutch
- Fastest Growing Consulting Firms in North America (#11, #37), Consulting Magazine
- Top IT Services Companies, Clutch
- Google Global Rising Star Partner of the Year Ready to Learn More?