Specialist/ Sr Specialist- Visual Designer
At Maven Wave, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills, but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
Founded in 2008, Maven Wave has experienced rapid growth. We combine the experience and knowledge of a management consulting firm with the innovation and technology expertise of a cloud services firm, providing a truly unique work environment. Employees have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience and make a significant impact on the business outcomes of our clients and our company.
Over the past years, Maven Wave has received the following awards and accolades:
- Google Cloud North America Services Partner of the Year, 2018 & 2019
- #21 Best Workplaces in Chicago, FORTUNE, 2018
- Great Place To Work Certification, Great Place to Work, 2017 & 2018
- Great Place to Work ™ Certified, India, 2019
- Fast Fifty, Crain's Chicago Business, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, National Association for Business Resources (NABR), 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Top Google Cloud Partner, Clutch, 2017
- Fastest Growing Consulting Firms in North America (#11, #37), Consulting Magazine, 2016, 2017
- Top IT Services Companies, Clutch, 2015
- Google Global Rising Star Partner of the Year 2015
Designs and collaborates on deliverables across a variety of platforms, which may include websites, intranet sites, internal and external marketing materials, logos, tradeshow booths, posters, and wearables. In short, they are able to work from concept to production on design assets.
Key responsibilities and requirements:
- Establish the look and feel for various documents and interfaces, including presentations,
signage, websites and apps
- Translate concept to design.
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints.
- Design logos, icons and infographics.
- Closely collaborate with developers and business teams to create demo apps, websites & marketing materials
- Working knowledge of web development and software tools for close collaboration with developers
- Source, retouch, resize and process images and video footage.
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations.
Professional Experience and Skills
In general, a visual designer should have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in design or visual communications
- An eye for detail
- 3-6 years experience using industry design tools including the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), Sketch, InVision or Marvel
- Experience designing both digital and print
- A solid foundation in typography, layout and design. Illustration is a plus.
- Interactive design skills and working development knowledge, including browser usability, responsive design, cross-platform compatibility, and troubleshooting
- Experience with transitions, animation, motion design and dynamic interaction
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills, along with presentation and negotiation skills
- A penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress and meet deadlines
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- The ability to champion and enforce our brand