Software Delivery Director
Who We Are!
At Maven Wave, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills, but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
Maven Wave helps leading companies make the shift to digital and shorten the fuse to innovation. We combine the expertise of top-tier consulting with the agility of a cutting-edge technology firm. This multidisciplinary blend of skills allows us to create unique digital advantages for our clients. Maven Wave’s digital solutions are agile, mobile, rooted in analytics, and built in the cloud.
Your Life As a Maven:
- Required to manage deliveries across multiple accounts on projects related to App modernization, replatforming and data engineering.
- Responsible for people management of technology teams
- Required to upskill self and the reporting team on latest cloud technologies
- Expected to be adept in dashboards and metrics and be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- 15+ years of experience in technology with 3-5 years in technical leadership.
- Must have solid experience in Architecture, Design and implementation of solutions, end-to-end.
- Deep and demonstrated experience of Agile (and DevOps) principles and practices – both engineering and governance.
- Experience and ability to champion continuous delivery principles and practices across the organization.
- Experience managing projects involving the full stack of Java technologies
- Experience of managing Data Engineering projects involving big data technologies
- Experience applying Agile concepts and practices such as Refactoring / Continuous Integration / Continuous Testing (TDD, BDD) and Continuous Delivery
- Deep understanding of how TDD impacts the code quality and design and delivery capabilities, and the ability to influence the teams accordingly.
- Ability to deep dive into problems in specific areas as required.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations both across distributed teams as well as with the clients.
- Experience with the following patterns, tool, and protocols:
- Spring (DI, MVC, Security - LDAP/AD)
- JUnit / Test NG , Mockito (or other mocking libraries)
- CI and Quality tools - Maven 3, Ant, Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, Jenkins, Sonar
- Application Servers (e.g. WebLogic, WebSphere)
- IDEs – Eclipe / Netbeans / WebStorm / IntelliJ / MS Visual Studio
- HTTP/HTTPS protocols
- Design Patterns and SOLID principles
- Linux environments - Ubuntu, CentOS
- Version control with Subversion and Git source control managers
- Experience developing and deploying solutions on Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Coach and mentor the next line of leadership to drive implementations of Continuous Delivery across the organization.
- Identifying skills and hiring from industry and the nurturing talent.
- Coach and mentor next line of technology leaders to think in abstractions / conceptual models and to communicate solution ideas across different roles and layers of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with other developers and business clients
- Time management skills and ability to multitask
- Proactive attitude with a consistent bias to action
- Experience with Product development is a plus
- Aptitude - You have an innate capacity to transition from project to project without skipping a beat.
- Communication - You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams.
- Impact - You are a critical thinker with an emphasis on creativity and innovation.
- Passion - You have the drive to succeed paired with a continuous hunger to learn.
- Leadership - You are trusted, empathetic, accountable, and empower others around you.
Why We’re Proud To Be Mavens!
- Google Cloud North America Services Partner of the Year 2019, 2018
- #21 Best Workplaces in Chicago, FORTUNE, 2018
- Great Place To Work Certification, Great Place to Work, 2017 & 2018
- Fast Fifty, Crain's Chicago Business
- 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, National Association for Business Resources (NABR)
- Top Google Cloud Partner, Clutch
- Fastest Growing Consulting Firms in North America (#11, #37), Consulting Magazine
- Top IT Services Companies, Clutch
- Google Global Rising Star Partner of the Year
Ready to Learn More?