- Prepare, execute and analyze experiments to characterize and understand the behavior of RF systems in complex plasma reactors.
- Study the effects of plasma reactor hardware and electrical components on the effects of stable plasma.
- Generate excellent documentation on these experiments for internal review. Where appropriate, this position may also include publishing scientific literature
- Propose new designs for RF plasma reactor components and systems based on experimental results and prior knowledge
- Work with other functional groups to translate proposals into working concepts and prove commercial feasibility. This may also involve some degree of project management.
- Any additional responsibilities assigned
Skills and requirements:
- A very high theoretical understanding of generators and matches and there interaction with: reactor chamber, electrostatic chuck, source components, process gases, high vacuum, reactor process components, RF transmission cabling, thermal effects of plasma on hardware and magnetic fields.
- Expertise with a wide range of test equipment including RF Power Meters, Frequency Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, DMM’s and Oscilloscope’s. Test and troubleshoot systems, devices, processes and/or test set-ups to locate and repair defective area(s). This includes analog, digital and RF circuits.
- Demonstrated theoretical hands-on developmental experience in a technical environment: Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 5 years equivalent experience.
- Excellent data analysis skills, including numerical and statistical analysis of data, treatment of experimental errors and graphical presentation of diverse (potentially multidimensional) datasets.
- Excellent documentation and communications skill. This position requires generation of reports and presentations for internal review.
- Must be able to quickly build/assemble sophisticated experimental apparatuses containing data acquisition and/or automated processing.
- Experience with relevant software (DASYLab, Labview, Igor Pro, Matlab or similar) is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently under deadline pressure in a highly dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work safely in a laboratory environment containing high-energy machinery and hazardous gases.
- Must be able to travel outside the US, 25%+
- Competent with modeling and simulation tools Mathematica and FLEX PDE
- Modeling applications
- High-vacuum equipment
- RF circuits and systems
- Controls and general electrical engineering
- Mechanical, electrical and optical measurements
- Semiconductor processing
Environmental, Health & Safety Requirements:
· Successful completion of required Safety training.
· Ensure equipment and machines are maintained in safe operating condition.
· Report to the Safety Officer any unsafe or unhealthy condition which cannot be corrected.
· Follow all safety and health regulations and work practices, including personal protective equipment where applicable.